Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer After Milei's Veto—Hatred appears

The country is a powder keg. One of the reasons my girlfriend wanted to move to Spain was just for some normalcy. Inflation is too crazy. Even with the slowdown what Argentina goes up in one month is equivalent to what most countries go up in a year. But for her the biggest fear was crime. Her car window got smashed and she has never experienced that. All her friends too.

Half of the Argentine population are leeches and incapable of taking care of themselves. No matter what changes you try to implement, it will be almost impossible to quickly get these people to change. The other thing was we figured even if Milei was successful that meant that BA would get super expensive.

I am not saying I won't come back someday but figured it wouldn't hurt waiting and see how things shake out end of 2025. The quality of life is honestly better here in Spain.

The true face of the ultra violent left. In the USA if Trump wins next month the left will go on the biggest rampage of violence and destruction ever seen
I wondered what would happen if Trump lost. Probably will be riots and chaos. I didn't think that would happen if he won. Do you really think the left is that violent? It will be interesting to see what happens. It is clear the Left controls the mainstream media.

They keep repeating like parrots and want to instill the idea that Milei wants to privatize public universities. However, as Milei himself stated, 'the university will not be charged.' The problem is that they don’t allow audits, so how do we know what happens to the money allocated to the university? This isn’t that difficult, but of course, the corrupt are afraid that the dirt will come to light.

They keep repeating like parrots and want to instill the idea that Milei wants to privatize public universities. However, as Milei himself stated, 'the university will not be charged.' The problem is that they don’t allow audits, so how do we know what happens to the money allocated to the university? This isn’t that difficult, but of course, the corrupt are afraid that the dirt will come to light.

Why are they so afraid of an audit? That should tell you there is massive fraud.

The universities argued that internal and external controls should follow established procedures and not be a tool for political intervention. This is a weak justification; the suspicion is that, as in other sectors, there is also embezzlement and fraud here. Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense.

Exactly, the solution is very simple, but that would mean the end of the business for many. The worst part is that politics uses students to their advantage, trying to spread lies and creating more divides among students simply for thinking differently. Just look at what happens at the National University of Quilmes if you show support for Milei; it’s outrageous.

The universities argued that internal and external controls should follow established procedures and not be a tool for political intervention. This is a weak justification; the suspicion is that, as in other sectors, there is also embezzlement and fraud here. Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense.
That’s going to change; a ruling has just been signed to begin auditing National Universities.

Oh yes! They’ll finally be audited. I read that news today, but the hatred between the students keeps growing, along with the violence. Look at how a Kirchnerist hit a libertarian student just for speaking out against the university takeovers and not having classes.

Back