Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Another bus strike today?

CecilM

Today, people were caught off guard by an unexpected bus strike. Apparently, it's due to delays in salary payments for some lines. Many buses aren't running, and the chaos is noticeable. I saw it on the news, but a lot of people were in a great mood because of Argentina's win last night. Argentinians always find the positive side of things 😊. These are the lines that are not operating:

1720200460662.jpeg

Yes, today Argentinians were in a good mood because of Argentina's win last night. Even with the bus strike, people were staying positive. There are even memes going around of folks finding out about the bus strike while waiting at the stop, trying to get to work. Classic Argentina, always finding humor in tough situations!

1720200963484.jpeg

I've read that the government will impose fines on the bus companies that went on strike. Fortunately, services are gradually being restored.

I've read that the government will impose fines on the bus companies that went on strike. Fortunately, services are gradually being restored.

I think the government will be more and more strict and they will get people in line. You can see it with protests and blocking roads. They want to change business as usual for protestors or people that disrupt society.

Back