Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Any great Bagels in Buenos Aires? Your tip for USA style bagels?

I saw the great pizza and Empanada threads. Anyone got any tips for good bagel places in Buenos Aires? I haven't been able to find decent bagels. I'm from New York City so I crave a good bagel.
I haven't found anything like back home but these 2 places are decent.

Bagels & Bagels

Google Maps

TripAdvisor

Sheikobs Bagels

Website

Google Maps

Those two that @Betsy Ross mentioned are decent. This is another one I go to. The owner is Jewish and is a friend of one of my friends.

My Bagel

My all time favorite Bagel place but off the beaten path!

Bagels & Bagels Caseros

I go to these Bagels and Bagels locations which are different than above but not sure if same owner or a franchise.

I couldn't find any decent bagels while I was in Buenos Aires. The last day I went for pizza but then my Jewish friend told me about a good place but I didn't have time.

She said they have good bagels there at Togni's Cafe

Website

IG

Google Maps

Sheikbobs is my go to place for bagels. Everywhere else sucks. The others are just bread molded into a round bagel shape! The owner of Sheikobs is a buddy of mine, Jacob. He is actually an expat New Yorker like me. He also sells a mean corned beef which is very good. He sells a bunch of stuff like cream cheese which is decent but nothing like back home.

not specifically a Bagel place, but i happened across this place Scarlett Cakes (more of a restaurant/cafe for smoothies and real food) since it's dog-friendly inside and there are tons of mosquitos right now:

...and i got the "Ternera Bagel" which was a pulled-beef warm bagel sandwich with diced onions, nice sauce, and great flavor/size, with some lettuce/tomatoes/balsamic on the side! i'm gonna eat there again tomorrow; prices are $7 USD per person for a big meal and drink combo, but really great quality that has been rare in my 5 weeks of BsAs. staff were really friendly and attentive, which again is rare.

not specifically a Bagel place, but i happened across this place Scarlett Cakes (more of a restaurant/cafe for smoothies and real food) since it's dog-friendly inside and there are tons of mosquitos right now:

...and i got the "Ternera Bagel" which was a pulled-beef warm bagel sandwich with diced onions, nice sauce, and great flavor/size, with some lettuce/tomatoes/balsamic on the side! i'm gonna eat there again tomorrow; prices are $7 USD per person for a big meal and drink combo, but really great quality that has been rare in my 5 weeks of BsAs. staff were really friendly and attentive, which again is rare.
Wow that sounds delicious! I will add that place to my list once I get back in town from my vacation in NYC. I had a similar type of thing a few days ago in Manhattan and it was $22 USD! I like that area a lot near Parque Las Heras.

I love this place! In my hood. Very flavorful food which is not so easy to find sometimes in BA when it comes to comfort food. For a special occasion or date night try Mero. I just went last week. Very good seafood. I will post a review soon. Also, a great value if you like pasta and in the area is Il Quotidian Bar de Pastas which is close and not too expensive. Good pasta at good prices.

Back