Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Any of you recommend any opportunities to volunteer in soup kitchens or churches in Buenos Aires?

Stan

I am trying to practice my Spanish and also do good at the same time. I heard they could use help with some soup kitchens. These days I probably could donate a little bit of money but more so my time. I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and volunteer and also practice my Spanish. Anyone know where I can sign up to help? Thanks.

I am trying to practice my Spanish and also do good at the same time. I heard they could use help with some soup kitchens. These days I probably could donate a little bit of money but more so my time. I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and volunteer and also practice my Spanish. Anyone know where I can sign up to help? Thanks.
That is very kind heart of you. Fundacion Si is a wonderful organization. Many of my friends have done these. Your Spanish doesn't have to be perfect and good practice for you.

Here is another organization that organizes some events. They do good work. My kids participated in school supplies drive for poorer kids and clothes donations as well.

Check out the Buenos Aires Food Bank.

They do good work. I helped out when I first moved here. There is some information here too.

Back