Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Any recommendation for Apple Macbook Pro repair in Buenos Aires that is certified Apple Repair?

TripMe

Does anyone have any recommendations for my Macbook Pro that just died? I got a black screen with a white line on it. It's not that old. I am not heading back to the USA and it's still under warranty. Will Apple pay for the repair if I'm traveling outside the USA? Even if I need to pay out of pocket, I might do it as I need to work and Macs here are very expensive.

Any help is appreciated.

We previously enlisted the expertise of MacSoul (Av. Sta. Fe 1780) for hardware assistance with our iMac.

And for peripheral concerns, we turned to MacLand (Arévalo 2215). Their patience and assistance were invaluable, guiding us through the intricacies of the issues we faced.

While MacHelp (Julián Álvarez 1210 6-C) boasts impressive reviews on Google, I haven't had the opportunity to personally experience their services yet.

We previously enlisted the expertise of MacSoul (Av. Sta. Fe 1780) for hardware assistance with our iMac.

And for peripheral concerns, we turned to MacLand (Arévalo 2215). Their patience and assistance were invaluable, guiding us through the intricacies of the issues we faced.

While MacHelp (Julián Álvarez 1210 6-C) boasts impressive reviews on Google, I haven't had the opportunity to personally experience their services yet.

Thanks!

I friend went to this place and she said they fixed her apple

Thanks!

how techy are you? any water exposure? trauma to the screen?

try resetting the PRAM before you pay someone to try some quick fixes: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063
Yes I tried that already. It didn't work. Apple tech online said the screen probably needs to be replaced. I will check out these options. Thanks all!

While on the topic of Apple, does anyone know a place where I can buy some Apple Airpods? I left mine at the gym the other day. My bad. What is the best place here to buy some? I can't see them anywhere.
In the USA! Ha. Certainly not here. Best thing is if you have a friend that is coming from the USA and have them bring you a set. It's probably over 2 or 3 X here IF you can find it.

My friend used this place on IG. Try contacting them. They are called Import_max.

While on the topic of Apple, does anyone know a place where I can buy some Apple Airpods? I left mine at the gym the other day. My bad. What is the best place here to buy some? I can't see them anywhere.
Check out this website:

Find the AirPods on a fast shipping site like Amazon.com or Apple, then go to Grabr and paste the Amazon product page URL to create an "order." Someone flying from the USA to Buenos Aires soon will make you an offer, buy the AirPods, and bring them to you. You only pay when you accept the offer, and Grabr escrows the money safely until you get the item.

Shoppers have ratings and reviews you can check before accepting an offer. I ordered last night, and accepted an offer from a courier with an "excellent" rating and 350+ 5-star reviews within a few hours. He'll arrive in Buenos Aires in 11 days, and I'll get the item in a public place for our mutual safety.

Thank you for these recommendations! If my Macbook ever goes down I know where to go now! Sorry to hijack the thread but since you all are offering so many good places. My friend has a PC and it just crashed. Any good places in CABA any of you can recommend?

Thank you for these recommendations! If my Macbook ever goes down I know where to go now! Sorry to hijack the thread but since you all are offering so many good places. My friend has a PC and it just crashed. Any good places in CABA any of you can recommend?
I have a friend that used this company. It's a bit far outside of the beaten path but they raved about him. The owner's name is Nico. His Whatsapp is on his website and he is very responsive. He is fluent in English my friend said. My friend dropped off their PC and he sent a detailed video via Whatapp of what the issue was. My friend said he was very honest and professional.

Thank God I have a Macbook. This thing never breaks down but my friend said her PC always breaks down but Nico showed her what was wrong and was reasonable on price too. She was hesitant as it was so far but Nico offered to come to her place but would charge extra for the Uber both ways.

I totally had a brainfart. I left my MacBook Pro charging cable at home at my desk. I am here in BA for the next 2 months and working remote. I tried some of these places above but they didn't have a charger in stock or they are outrageously expensive. Is it normal to charge so much here for the same products in the USA? Anyone have any advice where I can get an affordable charger for my MacBook Pro? USB-C to USB-C will work.

I totally had a brainfart. I left my MacBook Pro charging cable at home at my desk. I am here in BA for the next 2 months and working remote. I tried some of these places above but they didn't have a charger in stock or they are outrageously expensive. Is it normal to charge so much here for the same products in the USA? Anyone have any advice where I can get an affordable charger for my MacBook Pro? USB-C to USB-C will work.
Unfortunately you will pay nosebleed prices for anything electronic related in Argentina. Especially Apple stuff. Prices are sometimes 2 X to 3 X the price back home. Even on Mercado Libre the prices for Macbook chargers are very expensive. You probably need a high powered charger or it will be too slow. Try ordering with Grabr. It will be much cheaper but I don't know if you can wait that long.

Back