Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Any way to check the prices of prescription medications in Buenos Aires, Argentina ahead of time?

oil rush

I will be spending more time in Buenos Aires. I have a good solid health plan in the USA that includes prescription medications but they will only refill so much ahead of time. I am trying to see if I can get friends that possibly bring it down when they come down this way. But mailing it isn't an option with customs. A few friends are leery to bring ANY prescription medications for me even though they know me.

I am possibly going to have to pay out of pocket. Is there any way to check drug prices ahead of time of what I might pay at the pharmacy there?

I will be spending more time in Buenos Aires. I have a good solid health plan in the USA that includes prescription medications but they will only refill so much ahead of time. I am trying to see if I can get friends that possibly bring it down when they come down this way. But mailing it isn't an option with customs. A few friends are leery to bring ANY prescription medications for me even though they know me.

I am possibly going to have to pay out of pocket. Is there any way to check drug prices ahead of time of what I might pay at the pharmacy there?
Yes, you are in luck! You can use this website below:

I use it all the time. You may want to have your doctor write out all your prescriptions on his office notepad. This is rare these days but this way you can just pay a fee to a local doctor and he or she can quickly make a prescription for you. Medications are cheap here compared to the USA for most items. But if your plan pays for it, you might as well just ship it to a friend's house and hope someone can bring it down. We had similar issues and NOT worth shipping it here with the crazy customs.

Yes, you are in luck! You can use this website below:

I use it all the time. You may want to have your doctor write out all your prescriptions on his office notepad. This is rare these days but this way you can just pay a fee to a local doctor and he or she can quickly make a prescription for you. Medications are cheap here compared to the USA for most items. But if your plan pays for it, you might as well just ship it to a friend's house and hope someone can bring it down. We had similar issues and NOT worth shipping it here with the crazy customs.
Thanks Betsy! This is great. I didn't know about this website.

Back