Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Anyone been to this Mexican place with the huge burritos? - Nacha Tex Mex in Olivos

Digital Nomad

I have been seeing a ton of Tik Tok's on this Mexican Place. Has anyone been? I'm never that far but I love Mexican and Mexican places suck here. Anyone been or planning to go?

There was also a news article about it today.

I have been seeing a ton of Tik Tok's on this Mexican Place. Has anyone been? I'm never that far but I love Mexican and Mexican places suck here. Anyone been or planning to go?

There was also a news article about it today.

Funny as a friend went there last weekend. 10,000 pesos is already expensive for a burrito but he told me that he paid 20,000 pesos for the burrito he got. I think 10,000 pesos plus they charge you for some additional toppings. I am not sure as I didn't go but if so $20 dollars for a burrito is insane!

Wally, if what you love is Mexican food as we know it in the States, this place may not disappoint but, you live here, so you know that it won't be as spicy.
not disappoint but, you live here, so you know that it won't be as spicy.
Yes I am not a big spicy person but all my friends that are, constantly are disappointed from the lack of heat here in Argentina.

Wally, if what you love is Mexican food as we know it in the States, this place may not disappoint but, you live here, so you know that it won't be as spicy.
Great! Will visit. I have been to several of the "Mexican" places in Palermo but didn't like them much. Figure it will be worth a visit. Many posts and reviews online from expats/tourists rave about it.

But that so easy to fix. Even supermarkets sell ají molido picante and other sauces. I have them in tiny jars that I take with me when eating out. I don't like too much heat, either. In some of the northern provinces food can be spicy.
This is what we do. We have been coming to Buenos Aires for a while now. We carry around packets of hot sauce that we bring from Mexico. Also, people laugh but we bring bottles of salad dressing with us when we dine out. The lack of sauces and seasonings in BA shouldn't stop people from enjoying what they like. :)

Funny as a friend went there last weekend. 10,000 pesos is already expensive for a burrito but he told me that he paid 20,000 pesos for the burrito he got. I think 10,000 pesos plus they charge you for some additional toppings. I am not sure as I didn't go but if so $20 dollars for a burrito is insane!
$20 USD for a burrito! That crazy price.

These days these restaurants just pay people to make them go viral. I'd focus on the reviews. One review said they are from Texas and know good burritos and it was good so that is encouraging.

Sounds like BA has USA prices. Chipotle now is around $22+ for a burrito.

OMG! That video is the most unappetizing thing I've ever seen. Yuck!
Very true. I am amazed at the portion sizes in the US. That looks absolutely disgusting and not edible. How can people each such big portions? Also, the US is full of so much processed food. Much of it is illegal in in the EU. Many of these franchises could never expand to the EU because the chemicals and processed food are illegal. That is 100% true.

It has been disheartening to see the Americanization of food in Buenos Aires over the past few years.

OMG! That video is the most unappetizing thing I've ever seen. Yuck!
Food here is so disgusting at the fast food level. And even Starbucks is all super sugary drinks. At least hopefully your food is better for you there but surprising to see these supersize burritos in Buenos Aires. I am looking forward to avoiding this type of food.

Thankfully, that monstrosity is not common here. One of the many short-lived fads, like in any country. The food is definitely much better and not just in CABA.
Amen. These type of things just get popular with social media and then seem to die down or go out of business after the fad is over. People realize just how ridiculous it all is.

Back