Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Argentina cuts rates again as inflation crests near 300%

Finance Prof

Most are saying the same thing that although the official numbers are going down they barely feel it. The article does a good job of stating how even if shopkeepers want to lower prices they can't as everything is going up in price. There is a limit to what cash strapped consumers can buy so they just stop buying. Many of my friends say they don't feel the drop in inflation much. Sure at the market a few things have gone done but they are hurting.

The sad truth is that most expats probably were content to have more of a miserable situation for the locals so they had a strong blue dollar. A truth not many are willing to admit. I know I benefitted more from a strong blue dollar and turmoil although I am happy things are changing. I do hope the USD gets stronger.

You expats have nothing to complain about. I have expat friend too and all of them have US dollar saving. They will be ok. I can't say same for us.

You expats have nothing to complain about. I have expat friend too and all of them have US dollar saving. They will be ok. I can't say same for us.
I disagree that expats aren't able to complain. The inflation is hitting everyone. Really worldwide inflation is an issue. My friends have been complaining since the covid outbreak of rapid inflation. I don't think that complaining should be only limited by Peronistas. :ROFLMAO:

The good news is that inflation IS going down each month. Significant accomplishment vs. Alberto. I can't imagine where things would be if things didn't turn around.

GPkM7xaXgAAd0Ep.jpeg

Back