Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer BA Markets- which one?

Lili32

Unfortunately, due to our limited time in Buenos Aires, we only have one Saturday to explore the city, and we're keen on discovering a fantastic artisan market. We're looking for a place with unique home goods, local art, jewelry, and clothes—bonus points if there's a vintage selection! We've heard about several markets like Feria Di Plaza Serrano, Feria Di Caminito (La Boca), and Feria Di Artesanos (near Recoleta Cemetery). For those with experience in the local scene, we'd love your advice on which one offers the best atmosphere and variety. We'll be arriving next week.

Thanks!

In my opinion, the market near Recoleta Cemetery is the most pleasant and appears to be the largest, The Design Center, featuring home goods, is also very close by.

Is located in Plaza Francia

Are you going to be there on Sunday? Isn't that the best day to experience the fun in San Telmo?

Unfortunately, due to our limited time in Buenos Aires, we only have one Saturday to explore the city, and we're keen on discovering a fantastic artisan market. We're looking for a place with unique home goods, local art, jewelry, and clothes—bonus points if there's a vintage selection! We've heard about several markets like Feria Di Plaza Serrano, Feria Di Caminito (La Boca), and Feria Di Artesanos (near Recoleta Cemetery). For those with experience in the local scene, we'd love your advice on which one offers the best atmosphere and variety. We'll be arriving next week.

Thanks!
San Telmo without a doubt!

It's 15 blocks of non-stop enjoyment, with genuine antiques on display both in the shops and at the vendors' tents.

If you head there around noon on a Sunday, begin your stroll from Plaza de Mayo and proceed straight to the market. You'll have about 4 hours of pure fun.

Enjoy!

Thanks!
Hi Lili32,

I leave you the link with information we have in our forum about the San Telmo Market, you will definitely love it although the Market (Feria) in Plaza Francia in Recoleta also has your thing.

I hope you can enjoy Saturday to the fullest!

Thank you for everything! You were very helpful, I also saw Buysellba's review and I was convinced that El Mercado de San Telmo is definitely a place I can't miss. I will also make time to go to the Feria de Plaza Francia.

Thanks again to all of you!

Back