Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Bar Alemán, Devoto

MiltonLaud

An iconic place in Buenos Aires, the dining experience is simply amazing. The portions are generous, ideal for sharing among several diners or for snacks. The service is outstanding, the staff takes care of you in an exceptional way and shows no hurry for you to leave.

We visited the place without a reservation on a Friday night, around 10 o'clock. As expected, the place was full and there were quite a few people on the waiting list, but the line was moving quickly. In about half an hour we were inside. Although it has a still life style, the place is well kept and maintained. The waiter who served us was exceptional, friendly and advised us wisely on what to order, considering that the portions were quite generous.

We were a group of 4 people and we started with some rabas for starters, which were delicious. Perhaps they lacked a touch of salt, but it wasn't a problem. The portion was plentiful and enough for the four of us. Personally, I chose some gnocchi with bolognese sauce, an ample portion that was even enough for two plates, and the gnocchi were delicious. My friends opted for a Neapolitan Milanese and, between the three of them, they could not finish it. To finish, we shared a portion of tiramisu and a glass of strawberries and cream.

The prices are very reasonable for the size of the portions, and some dishes can easily be shared by three people. I was delighted with the place and would definitely return without hesitation.

1702988765895.png1702988783195.png

Back