Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Be careful with food deliveries on Rappi - Drivers eat some of the food

Digital Nomad

I thought this was just me but the last couple of Rappi and PedidosYa deliveries I ordered food and normally they have the bags sealed up really good. There were barely any French fries in one order and in another one of my empanadas was gone. I ordered 12 and there were only 11 and the restaurant said they were sure they counted all of them so the driver must have eaten it.

I guess this is a thing now with the poor economy. Sad.

I thought this was just me but the last couple of Rappi and PedidosYa deliveries I ordered food and normally they have the bags sealed up really good. There were barely any French fries in one order and in another one of my empanadas was gone. I ordered 12 and there were only 11 and the restaurant said they were sure they counted all of them so the driver must have eaten it.

This isn't anything new. They have been doing that since they started. Many restaurants now will put special stickers and seals on the bags now because of this issue.

Here too? I've been reading about this happening in the US all the time for months now. 😣

There's a sub on Reddit where people post photos and videos of food missing from their orders.

Back