Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Best Bubble Tea (Boba) in Buenos Aires - Orizuru Snack Station in Chinatown

earlyretirement

My daughter is kind of a bubble tea snob. She hates all of the places around Buenos Aires that have bubble tea (boba). It's kind of annoying as the only place she thinks is decent is all the way in Chinatown. She has tried many, many places and usually throws them away. But she likes this place a lot.

You have to first pay and then they give you a receipt with your # on it. On the weekend it can take a LONG time to get it. But my kids love shopping at all the Asian stores there so they will see what # they are working on and they kind of know how long it will take. They brew the teas fresh so it takes time. You have to ask ahead of time if you want it with more ice. Make sure to tell the guy when you're paying. Then they will put it on the counter and you give them your receipt to match it up.

They have a normal size or for a little more they will give you a high quality durable plastic cup. She always gets the large size. She says all the other places have disgusting boba but she likes this place. We were in Buenos Aires for 2 months this past summer (their winter) and she made us come up here every other day for Bubble tea. Some places deliver but this isn't one of them. At least not to Recoleta or Palermo where we own apartments.

Just keep in mind on the weekend it can take a LONG time. It seems like all the Asians come only here for Boba. It's lined up with Asians which is typically a sign they know where the good stuff is at.

Here is the Google Map location plus you can read reviews: https://maps.app.goo.gl/KP53MhyhrSeFBrkA6

IMG_0288.JPG

Thank you! I walked by Chinatown today and I walked by this place. Funny your review. I wondered why the line was so long. There were people outside waiting. I guess they were waiting for their drinks. There were only 2 girls working and there must have been 25 people waiting in line for their drinks.

Your reviews are so very helpful. Thanks for providing so much detail and especially the Google Maps link!

Funny as this is the place I get my bubble teas in Chinatown. The only downside is the long lines.

Back