Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Best places for Tango classes in Buenos Aires?

I am coming to Buenos Aires next month in January 2024 and I'm coming with my husband and my 14 year old daughter. My husband is not thrilled about tango classes but my daughter and I are interested in possibly taking some tango classes. We are staying in Recoleta but I heard most of the tango stuff is in San Telmo.

The prices we are seeing are around $175 USD each person. That seems pricey? I thought the economy was very bad there and everyone said things are cheap but that sounds high.

Can anyone recommend places to go? We might take in a milonga afterwards.

Thanks!!!

I am coming to Buenos Aires next month in January 2024 and I'm coming with my husband and my 14 year old daughter. My husband is not thrilled about tango classes but my daughter and I are interested in possibly taking some tango classes. We are staying in Recoleta but I heard most of the tango stuff is in San Telmo.

The prices we are seeing are around $175 USD each person. That seems pricey? I thought the economy was very bad there and everyone said things are cheap but that sounds high.

Can anyone recommend places to go? We might take in a milonga afterwards.

Thanks!!!
How long will you be in town for? There are so many places and much probably depends on your skill level. But I sent my friend and she said they split up the group into beginners or more advanced or intermediate levels. It's called Maldita Milonga. It's not far from San Telmo in a neighborhood called Monserrat.

Just beware BA is a late night city for your daughter. The class starts at 9 PM and there is a show after around 11 PM or so and shortly after midnight a live performance. It's really awesome. A local favorite! Make sure to make reservations on their IG page ahead of time as it can fill up.

Another option is called Milonga Turbia. They have classes and then a Milonga afterwards. It is in San Telmo in Plaza Dorrego.

How long will you be in town for? There are so many places and much probably depends on your skill level. But I sent my friend and she said they split up the group into beginners or more advanced or intermediate levels. It's called Maldita Milonga. It's not far from San Telmo in a neighborhood called Monserrat.

Just beware BA is a late night city for your daughter. The class starts at 9 PM and there is a show after around 11 PM or so and shortly after midnight a live performance. It's really awesome. A local favorite! Make sure to make reservations on their IG page ahead of time as it can fill up.

Another option is called Milonga Turbia. They have classes and then a Milonga afterwards. It is in San Telmo in Plaza Dorrego.

Great and accurate info. I go to Maldita and they are very good. Very friendly staff. Your daughter will love it. Not sure about your hubby.

Back