Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Buenos Aires in ‘Parts Unknown’: Anthony Bourdain’s finest moment

Yes, I remember seeing that one a while back. He was here during the summer and it was dead. I also remember he was fascinated with all the therapists in BA and even talked to one on the show. Too bad he didn't talk to one in real life to help him deal with his pain. He had a great show and enjoyed watching him. It should be online somewhere.

Fascinating article. I was a big fan of his show, but don't remember seeing this episode. Will see about tracking it down.
Here are the places he ate. One already went out of business. They were off the beaten path.

I didn't see it but post @FuturoBA if you find a link for it. Loved his shows. He left this Earth too soon.
Youtube and Amazon Prime linked me to signing subscribing to Max, but was able to purchase the single episode via vudu/fandango for about $2 although not sure if it's available to you or those in BA unless you use a VPN.

Here are the places he ate. One already went out of business. They were off the beaten path.

Thanks @Vince great linke, and that was the big draw, was how he went off the beaten path. Wasn't just another travel show.

Yes, I remember seeing that one a while back. He was here during the summer and it was dead. I also remember he was fascinated with all the therapists in BA and even talked to one on the show. Too bad he didn't talk to one in real life to help him deal with his pain. He had a great show and enjoyed watching him. It should be online somewhere.
In the episode he did see a therapist, but I do wonder if or why he didn't continue. The episode was more insightful about Bourdain than BA IMO especially looking back.

I was going to tag @sunny as I thought about you where you mentioned missing the career professional waiter. There was a short segment about that here. But it looks like sunny's profile is down? Hope everything is ok, you were a true gem of knowledge.

I was going to tag @sunny as I thought about you where you mentioned missing the career professional waiter. There was a short segment about that here. But it looks like sunny's profile is down? Hope everything is ok, you were a true gem of knowledge.
Looks like she is gone. She probably knew that Milei would fail miserably and would be embarrassed later. Either that or like some expats BA got too expensive for her and had to leave.

In the episode he did see a therapist, but I do wonder if or why he didn't continue. The episode was more insightful about Bourdain than BA IMO especially looking back.
A shame that he took his own life. Agree about the episode. More interesting about him then the places to eat. Too far away. I do like when they review off-the-beaten places vs. the ones everyone goes to like Don Julio.

Back