Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Buenos Aires is Ranked at the World's 10th Noisiest City - How to Cope

Uncle Wong

Yes this was one of the negatives of BA. I thought it was loud. My first few Airbnbs I needed earplugs as it was just loud. One annoying thing is that people don't seem to care about barking dogs there. Super annoying.
Most owners with dogs are respectful but there is always that neighbor that has a loud dog. This happened in my previous building. I had to get the building administration involved. Finally everyone complained.

There is a lot of traffic noise from buses. It is important to take into account traffic noise when picking out where you will live.

Buenos Aires is great but this is one of the negatives in some areas. There ARE many quiet streets and areas also but I have had to deal with noisy neighbors with dogs before and not fun.

We had to move from our first apartment as the neighbor blasted music at night. We tried being nice and talking to him directly but he just didn't care. The owner of our Airbnb tried talking to him but finally we were let out of our contract due to the noise. People here don't seem to have much empathy for people that have young kids and need peace and quiet at night.

Back