Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Trip Reports Buenos Aires Trip Report October 27 to November 17, 2023

Jetset Life

Here are some tips for your stay in Buenos Aires based on my recent trip.

1. Upon arrival, head straight to the EZEIA Taxi booth after exiting arrivals. Inform them of your destination, pay by credit card, and they'll arrange a taxi for you. Even at early hours, the process is efficient – I was in a taxi by 05:30 even after arriving at 04:30 AM.

2. For currency exchange at a favorable rate, use any Western Union (locate the nearest one on Google Maps). Be mindful that smaller branches may not have sufficient funds early in the day. I've found their rates closely align with the blue dollar rate, avoiding the hassle of changing money in the Florida area. I went to the location in Palermo Soho at Guatemala and Armenia.

3. When using taxis in Buenos Aires, round up your fare to the nearest 500 or 1000 pesos. This not only pleases the driver, who often receives minimal tips, but also prevents you from dealing with small denomination notes. Despite a couple of subpar experiences among my 50 trips, this approach has generally worked well.

4. Explore the diverse culinary scene in Buenos Aires, from high-end restaurants to local parrillas and delicious empanadas. The food is fantastic and offers a delightful experience.

5. Argentines are known for their hospitality and friendliness. Engage with locals, ask questions, and even if the replies come in broken English, you'll likely find people eager to assist.

6. Ubers and taxis are readily available and I did not have any issues or problems at all.

Here are some tips for your stay in Buenos Aires based on my recent trip.

1. Upon arrival, head straight to the EZEIA Taxi booth after exiting arrivals. Inform them of your destination, pay by credit card, and they'll arrange a taxi for you. Even at early hours, the process is efficient – I was in a taxi by 05:30 even after arriving at 04:30 AM.

2. For currency exchange at a favorable rate, use any Western Union (locate the nearest one on Google Maps). Be mindful that smaller branches may not have sufficient funds early in the day. I've found their rates closely align with the blue dollar rate, avoiding the hassle of changing money in the Florida area. I went to the location in Palermo Soho at Guatemala and Armenia.

3. When using taxis in Buenos Aires, round up your fare to the nearest 500 or 1000 pesos. This not only pleases the driver, who often receives minimal tips, but also prevents you from dealing with small denomination notes. Despite a couple of subpar experiences among my 50 trips, this approach has generally worked well.

4. Explore the diverse culinary scene in Buenos Aires, from high-end restaurants to local parrillas and delicious empanadas. The food is fantastic and offers a delightful experience.

5. Argentines are known for their hospitality and friendliness. Engage with locals, ask questions, and even if the replies come in broken English, you'll likely find people eager to assist.

6. Ubers and taxis are readily available and I did not have any issues or problems at all.
I totally agree! We have been enjoying our stay. Buenos Aires is an amazing city!

I can't wait for my trip in a few weeks! These are wonderful and helpful reports. Thank you all for sharing! I will post a trip report here after my trip.

Back