Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Trip Reports Buenos Aires Trip Report:

ClintonGr

I recently spent a month living in Buenos Aires, and I can't stop raving about it. The city instantly became one of my top five favorite places in the world. The vibrant atmosphere, diverse activities, delicious food, and favorable exchange rate make it a must-visit destination.

If you're considering a trip to Buenos Aires, here's a guide to help you plan your visit, whether it's just for a few days or longer. Keep in mind that I can only speak from my own experiences, and even after a month, I didn't cover everything on my list.

How to Get There:
Chances are, you'll be flying into EZE, the main international airport. From there, it's a 30-45 minute cab ride to the central areas of Buenos Aires. Some flights from within South America may arrive at AEP, a smaller airport in Palermo.

Getting Around:
Buenos Aires is divided into neighborhoods, each with its own unique vibe. The city has a reliable subway system, called the Subte, which is my preferred mode of transportation. You'll need a Sube card to use it. Walking is also easy within neighborhoods, and locals swear by the extensive bus network.

What to Do:
While Buenos Aires may not have iconic landmarks, it offers countless cool experiences. Museums like Museo Evita and MALBA are worth a visit. Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo's Sunday market, and Recoleta Cemetery are must-see attractions. However, the best part of Buenos Aires is simply walking the neighborhoods and soaking in the atmosphere.

Where to Stay:
For a more authentic experience, consider renting an Airbnb in Palermo, an upscale neighborhood known for its parks, cafes, and tree-lined streets. Stick to central areas like Recoleta or the central city for convenience.

What to Eat:
Buenos Aires is a food lover's paradise. Street food like empanadas and choripan are must-try items, along with traditional parrilla (grill) restaurants for excellent beef dishes. Don't miss out on dulce de leche, a sweet treat found in many Argentine desserts.

Other Useful Information:
Take advantage of the favorable exchange rate, but be aware of inflation and the legal black market for currency. Safety is a concern, but staying aware of your surroundings can help prevent issues. Tap water is safe to drink, although some may notice a slight flavor.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, Buenos Aires left a lasting impression on me, and I'm already planning my return. Whether you're a first-time visitor or considering living there, Buenos Aires is a city that's sure to captivate you with its charm and culture. Don't miss out on experiencing this incredible destination firsthand!

I recently spent a month living in Buenos Aires, and I can't stop raving about it. The city instantly became one of my top five favorite places in the world. The vibrant atmosphere, diverse activities, delicious food, and favorable exchange rate make it a must-visit destination.

If you're considering a trip to Buenos Aires, here's a guide to help you plan your visit, whether it's just for a few days or longer. Keep in mind that I can only speak from my own experiences, and even after a month, I didn't cover everything on my list.

How to Get There:
Chances are, you'll be flying into EZE, the main international airport. From there, it's a 30-45 minute cab ride to the central areas of Buenos Aires. Some flights from within South America may arrive at AEP, a smaller airport in Palermo.

Getting Around:
Buenos Aires is divided into neighborhoods, each with its own unique vibe. The city has a reliable subway system, called the Subte, which is my preferred mode of transportation. You'll need a Sube card to use it. Walking is also easy within neighborhoods, and locals swear by the extensive bus network.

What to Do:
While Buenos Aires may not have iconic landmarks, it offers countless cool experiences. Museums like Museo Evita and MALBA are worth a visit. Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo's Sunday market, and Recoleta Cemetery are must-see attractions. However, the best part of Buenos Aires is simply walking the neighborhoods and soaking in the atmosphere.

Where to Stay:
For a more authentic experience, consider renting an Airbnb in Palermo, an upscale neighborhood known for its parks, cafes, and tree-lined streets. Stick to central areas like Recoleta or the central city for convenience.

What to Eat:
Buenos Aires is a food lover's paradise. Street food like empanadas and choripan are must-try items, along with traditional parrilla (grill) restaurants for excellent beef dishes. Don't miss out on dulce de leche, a sweet treat found in many Argentine desserts.

Other Useful Information:
Take advantage of the favorable exchange rate, but be aware of inflation and the legal black market for currency. Safety is a concern, but staying aware of your surroundings can help prevent issues. Tap water is safe to drink, although some may notice a slight flavor.

Conclusion:
In conclusion, Buenos Aires left a lasting impression on me, and I'm already planning my return. Whether you're a first-time visitor or considering living there, Buenos Aires is a city that's sure to captivate you with its charm and culture. Don't miss out on experiencing this incredible destination firsthand!
Nice Trip Report!!

Welcome to my trip report from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

First of all, let me tell you that Buenos Aires has left me speechless. From the charming restaurants to the fascinating historical sites, this city has something for everyone.

Let's start with the restaurants. One of my favorites was "La Cabrera", located in the Palermo neighborhood, their Argentine beef cuts are simply delicious! I also tried the empanadas at "La Cocina", a small place in San Telmo, and was impressed by their authenticity and flavor.

Now, let's talk about the historical places. Plaza de Mayo was one of the highlights of my visit. Seeing the iconic Casa Rosada and the Metropolitan Cathedral was an unforgettable experience. I also explored the Recoleta neighborhood and visited the famous Recoleta Cemetery, where Eva Peron rests. It is a place full of history and beauty.

But what really made my time in Buenos Aires special were the everyday experiences. From sipping mate in a park to dancing tango at a local milonga, every moment was magical. I loved getting lost in the streets of Palermo Soho and discovering designer stores and cozy cafes.

In short, Buenos Aires is a city that captivates the senses and steals the heart of anyone who visits - I can't wait to return and continue exploring all it has to offer!

Back