Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Buenos Aires wine shops: 10 to visit

Sorrel the writer who penned this piece is one of the best English language wine journalists

She also does travel aricles.

And in her spare time she is a sommelier!

She is based in Buenos Aires

Thanks GlasgowJohn for that info. She sounds like she knows her stuff! I’m going to check out some of these.

Sorrel the writer who penned this piece is one of the best English language wine journalists

She also does travel aricles.

And in her spare time she is a sommelier!

She is based in Buenos Aires

Correct @GlasgowJohn. She is very respected not just for wine but also for food too. My friend knows her and commented how friendly she is. I believe she makes her own wine too now. Argentina has to be the best country for wine.

Great list! I never was a wine drinker before I came to Buenos Aires but here they drink so much. My girlfriend and their family go through several bottles with each meal. My favorite are Vinos El Salvador and Vinoteca SOIL in Recoleta. Both excellent!
I was in the same position. Never drank wine but here it's impossible to avoid at a dinner as everyone always has a few bottles at dinner. It might be the price too. In the USA it's so expensive but here even in a fancy restaurant you can get a great bottle of wine for $20.

Thanks @VINO for sharing the lists. All of these are wonderful vine shops. I'm not a huge wine drinker but always shopping for wine because all my local friends are huge wine drinkers so I'm always buying wine. I'm always getting invited to dinners each week and always bring a few bottles of wine to the dinners.

Back