Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Café Tortoni, Microcentro

ClaytonMen

An iconic corner of Buenos Aires that definitely deserves to be explored. It is advisable to arrive early due to first-come, first-served admission, as the place is usually quite crowded. The carrot cake and coffee are highly recommended, however, it is important to note that the cleanliness of the place leaves something to be desired, with latte stains on the walls and dirty tables, among other details. Despite having to face a long line to enter, the visit to this café is totally gratifying. Once inside, you are immersed in the atmosphere of tango's past and heyday, with an evident post-war European influence. The place is brimming with glitter and ostentatious details that invite you to enjoy a delicious coffee. The espresso is particularly exquisite, the churros are acceptable, but the highlight is the decoration and details that adorn every corner of the place. Although it is usually full of tourists and it is possible that locals do not frequent it often, this café is an authentic porteño jewel.

1702932916745.png

I stopped going there. The last few times I brought friends here that wanted to come, the service was horrible. It is a beautiful place but I doubt I'd go there again.

Back