Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Casa Cavia Palermo

MirabelJERC

Here is my experience in this beautiful place! Exploring Casa Cavia is a complete sensory experience. From the house itself to the elegant and sober décor, not to mention the lovely outdoor space, especially pleasant on a sunny day in Buenos Aires. I opted for the marinated beef sandwich, followed by a chocolate cream sablee.... Simply spectacular!

Casa Cavia looks like it was taken straight from a Vogue photo shoot. The beautiful old house shares space with a cultural center, publishing house, bar, flower shop, café and restaurant. Chef Julieta Caruso (a Mugaritz alumna) designed the menu, which tends to be inspired by movies, music and works of art.

1701949763325.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to celebrate a birthday with a reservation. At the time of the reservation we made it clear that we had preference inside and with a table for 6. Even showing the message, the receptionist in a bad way told us that it could not be changed and we were given a table for 4 with two more chairs outside.

The attention from the waiters was always cordial although they took a long time to bring the order. The coffees came cold, so we had to change them and we ended up eating with different timing. I highlight the Matilda cake, the carrot cake and the ambiance which is beautiful. What clearly fails in this place is the organization and the human factor.

Back