Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Chinese food - chow mein in Buenos Aires

CartyHTY

Hi guys,

I was looking for recommendations of Chinese restaurants but more of a fast food kind of place. I usually recommend places that are more gourmet but I'm looking for something closer to homemade or fast. It should not be too expensive or if it is worth the taste, because there are thousands of fake Chinese restaurants that only throw soy sauce and it doesn't have that toasted taste.

Thank you very much for reading!

Just today at noon I bought it in one of those places that send it to you in a plastic tray like this one wrapped in a film, and when you serve it you realize that there is more in the tray than before.

In which neighborhood? There are several places, but maybe the ones I know don't reach where you are.

You can also look at "chifa" type food in Peruvian restaurants. Everything on the chifa menu is like Chinese food, for example the chifa type stir-fried noodles are the same as chow mein, more or less.

Apart from the chifa food, on the "criollo" menu there is "noodle stir-fry" which is spaghetti stir-fry and it is good. Almost Chinese food but in a different part of the menu. El Maleñito in Abasto makes good "tallarines saltados", 7mil a portion is enough for two or for a fat guy (like me).

Hi guys,

I was looking for recommendations of Chinese restaurants but more of a fast food kind of place. I usually recommend places that are more gourmet but I'm looking for something closer to homemade or fast. It should not be too expensive or if it is worth the taste, because there are thousands of fake Chinese restaurants that only throw soy sauce and it doesn't have that toasted taste.

Thank you very much for reading!
The best place to go to eat is Chinatown... you will find all kinds of restaurants and maybe you will find what you like!

The best place to go to eat is Chinatown... you will find all kinds of restaurants and maybe you will find what you like!
I agree with you! if not there are several restaurants in some neighborhoods that are not fast food but more of a restaurant... The one I go to is called sushi pop, it has everything!!!!

True. I haven't found a place on Rappi yet with Chinese food that was good. I have tried a few and they were all pretty horrible.
Why aren't there better Asian food there with plentiful beef, chicken and pork there and good vegetables? There are more options in Chinatown. I was surprised how big it is now compared to a few years ago. I was pleasantly surprised to see it so expanded now with the train there.

Mian isn't too bad but I see a lot of Chinese there now. I'm trying to figure out why the Chinese food there isn't better?

I tried Mian and thought it was meh.

Agree about Asian food. You mentioned Chinese restaurants but in general, I don't think they are too good compared to most Chinatowns in the US in major cities. I'm not sure why as we have all the ingredients here but they seem to cook differently.

I have visited Royal Mansion and it is good but quite pricey for local standards. For Japanese, try Tori Tori Food quality is very high and excellent food and service but make reservations as it gets busy.

IG:

For Korean food Bi Won has been here forever.

I tried Mian and thought it was meh.

Agree about Asian food. You mentioned Chinese restaurants but in general, I don't think they are too good compared to most Chinatowns in the US in major cities. I'm not sure why as we have all the ingredients here but they seem to cook differently.

I have visited Royal Mansion and it is good but quite pricey for local standards. For Japanese, try Tori Tori Food quality is very high and excellent food and service but make reservations as it gets busy.

IG:

For Korean food Bi Won has been here forever.

Agree about Tori Tori but the menu is limited there but the food is good but I haven't been there in a while.

Bi Won has been around many, many years. I haven't been here in a while either but good to hear it's still going strong. I used to go there quite a bit when I lived there but haven't 'been there in a while as I don't find the Asian places that great. Probably THE Best Korean restaurant in town is called Una Cancion Coreana but it's clear out in Flores so a good 40 minutes each way.

Agree about Tori Tori but the menu is limited there but the food is good but I haven't been there in a while.

Bi Won has been around many, many years. I haven't been here in a while either but good to hear it's still going strong. I used to go there quite a bit when I lived there but haven't 'been there in a while as I don't find the Asian places that great. Probably THE Best Korean restaurant in town is called Una Cancion Coreana but it's clear out in Flores so a good 40 minutes each way.

Love Tori Tori. I tried those Korean BBQ all you can eat place. KBBQ and the quality wasn't good. Bi Won wasn't bad at all. I will try that place in Flores. Someone else mentioned it to me for great Korean. 4.7 Google Rating with 4,700+ reviews is legit! Thanks.

Back