Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Cucina Paradiso - Palermo Soho - Great Italian food (on Someone Feed Phil - Netflix)

earlyretirement

One of my go-to spots for Italian food is Cucina Paradiso in Palermo Soho. They actually have a bunch of locations now.

You can see their menu here:

The location to the one I went to is here:

They make their own bread and pasta there which is really delicious. They will serve the bread warm with some olive oil and really great. I went with a friend and he got 2 beers, we had 2 bottled waters, 1 lemonade, shared an appetizer of a burrata cheese, 2 orders of bread, I had the mushroom risotto and he had the ravioli with lamb and we split a salad as well. All of that came to 36,000 to less than $34 US dollars charged to my credit card. Plus tip.

We left totally stuffed. A meal like this would have cost a fortune in the USA for similar quality restaurant. $17 US dollar each is extremely reasonable. In many restaurants in San Diego just the beers would have been $17 bucks. This restaurant (I think in Palermo Hollywood) was on Someone Feed Phil on Netflix a few years ago.

No reservations, first come first served. They have some tables outside as well as inside. This time of year I always eat inside due to the mosquitos. This place gets very busy later in the night but if you come earlier it's empty. We were there talking until 11:30 PM and it was very slow then. But at 8 PM when I got there only a few tables were taken.

I like this place too. Also, they sell some homemade pasta that you can take home as well. They sell some other stuff at some locations in the front of their store. I go to the location that you went to on Armenia 1610 and buy stuff there all the time. Really quality stuff.

Thank you! I walked by that location when I was in town and it was packed and I didn't want to wait so we ate somewhere else. I will try it my next visit.

Back