Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Real Estate Sales Current conditions are making Buenos Aires an attractive real estate market, filled with opportunities - Islander Media News

BuySellBA

Administrator
Current conditions are making Buenos Aires an attractive real estate market, filled with opportunities - Islander Media News

1722616795016.png

Source:

August 01, 2024

By Juan Castro Olivera / Islander News

rs=w:1280

Key Biscayne Portal

The real estate market in Buenos Aires is currently offering homebuyers and investors very attractive opportunities for investment due to the changes that are taking place in the country's economy, according to industry analysts and specialized reports.

At the end of 2023, property prices hit a low due to the retracted demand caused by high inflation and the absence of credit.

In recent months, with strong inflation control measures and an incentive for housing loans, a strong reactivation is being generated in the market and real estate analysts warn that it is time to buy and find excellent opportunities.

Zona Catalinas, Buenos Aires

Foto- jco key biscayne portal

“It is time to buy. Properties in premium sectors and new projects represent a great attraction, even for those who buy to rent, since rents will increase in value in dollars,” says Mariano Malbrán in a report by Ámbito Financiero.

“The emergence of credit is causing the market to start moving. There are many inquiries and people interested in buying. It is clear that we are entering a new cycle, and in a short time, we will see other values in the properties for sale,” Magdalena Menéndez, an agent for Re/Max, told Islander News from Buenos Aires.

Patio en el barrio de Recoleta, Buenos Aires.Foto- jco / key biscayne portal

A stylish apartment with 2 rooms (441 sq.ft.) in a well-built and well-maintained building in the Catalinas area, very close to Puerto Madero, listed this week for $80,000.

In the tourist area of San Telmo, close to the historic center of Buenos Aires, a 580-sq.ft. apart- ment is listed for $89,000 while another brand-new apartment in the exclusive Recoleta area, with 550 sq.ft. recently listed for $150,000..

Opportunities are popping up throughout Buenos Aires, in older buildings or in new developments.

With more home loan money available, there is a growing demand from local buyers who seek to protect their capital and see the opportunity to buy at a low price while obtaining the possibility of renting in dollars.

It is expected that in the next two years, properties will appreciate in dollars by between 30 and 50%.

www.buysellba.com

I'd like to see the 550 sf (which is 51 sm) brand new Recoleta apartment for 150k. That sounds like a pretty good deal considering end of last year, I don't remember seeing too many brand new apartments there for that size and price. To be fair I didn't look as much in Recoleta as I did Palermo.

Back