Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink DashiMaki - Delicious oriental food

desire

If you want to eat good oriental food, I recommend DashiMaki. It's in Flores, and it's definitely worth a visit!
Everything was excellent! The prawns were incredibly tasty. The beef ramen is quite spicy for those who aren't used to it, but we love it. Delicious! The prices are reasonable given the quality, and the portions are generous. Great service! We will definitely return to try other dishes.

1717535594531.jpeg1717535605295.jpeg

I heard a lot of good restaurants are in Flores. It looks like a hike off the beaten path but I may have to try it. Yesterday someone recommended a Korean place there that had great reviews of a 4.7 and I see this place also is 4.7 rated which is great.

I heard a lot of good restaurants are in Flores. It looks like a hike off the beaten path but I may have to try it. Yesterday someone recommended a Korean place there that had great reviews of a 4.7 and I see this place also is 4.7 rated which is great.
Interesting. Why does that neighborhood have so many Asians? The restaurants look really authentic. Are there more Asians there than other parts of BA?

If you want to eat good oriental food, I recommend DashiMaki. It's in Flores, and it's definitely worth a visit!
Everything was excellent! The prawns were incredibly tasty. The beef ramen is quite spicy for those who aren't used to it, but we love it. Delicious! The prices are reasonable given the quality, and the portions are generous. Great service! We will definitely return to try other dishes.

View attachment 6335View attachment 6336

I have been to this place and it is very good. One of my wife's cousin lives in Flores and we like to try a different place when we go.

Interesting. Why does that neighborhood have so many Asians? The restaurants look really authentic. Are there more Asians there than other parts of BA?
There a lot of Koreans there. I had heard Korean immigration started increasing in the 1960's and ramped up in the 80's. Many set up shops there and then it started to grow word of mouth. There are a lot of Chinese as well here in this neighborhood. My cousin said in the 80's and 90's and it was one of the first neighborhoods of BA to get the chinos. And then when they want to start a new one they would have only someone they knew or trusted from China.

The Asian community there in Flores set up cultural and religious centers. I see a lot of churches and community centers here. Real estate and housing this far away from the city is cheaper which helped when they moved to BA. It is growing more and more each year.

I have been to this place and it is very good. One of my wife's cousin lives in Flores and we like to try a different place when we go.

There a lot of Koreans there. I had heard Korean immigration started increasing in the 1960's and ramped up in the 80's. Many set up shops there and then it started to grow word of mouth. There are a lot of Chinese as well here in this neighborhood. My cousin said in the 80's and 90's and it was one of the first neighborhoods of BA to get the chinos. And then when they want to start a new one they would have only someone they knew or trusted from China.

The Asian community there in Flores set up cultural and religious centers. I see a lot of churches and community centers here. Real estate and housing this far away from the city is cheaper which helped when they moved to BA. It is growing more and more each year.
This is correct @Vince.

When I first moved to BA in the early 2000's I almost never saw any Asians here except in Chinatown (which was very tiny compared to now) and I went to Flores a few times to eat. There were barely any Chinese stores like you see now on many streets in all the neighborhoods.

Back