Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink El Bravo Burger in Caballito

saman

A few days ago, I visited "El Bravo Burger in Caballito" and I want to share my experience. The burger was good, but the Philly steak sandwich was a ten. It arrived perfectly warm, with tender and flavorful meat, and just the right amount of provolone. The sandwich is quite large and comes with a generous portion of fries.

The service was excellent, and you can pay with QR. The place is spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and attentive, providing great explanations about the different sandwiches. Whether you’re eating there or taking it to go, it’s the best option in the neighborhood. I highly recommend it!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the price is extremely affordable. The sandwich with the fries cost me ARS 13.800 (the regular price is ARS 12,500, but I added extra provolone), and you’ll need to add the cost of your drink, I had water.

1724443764811.jpeg

@Wally great that the prices are listed and seems like that manager made the menu so that it would last - just a little sign that people are more confident in prices staying stable for the short-to-mid-term :)
Yes if that isn't a sign that inflation is slowing down! I haven't seen a laminated menu in a long time! Previously prices were changing so frequently. I thought the same exact thing @StatusNomadicus! I just went yesterday and food is pretty good. I got a sandwich, fries and beer for 19,900 pesos or around $15 bucks.

@Wally great that the prices are listed and seems like that manager made the menu so that it would last - just a little sign that people are more confident in prices staying stable for the short-to-mid-term :)
I have noticed more restaurants lately going back to this. Agree it's been a while since this happened. Some places before were not even printing them out and just putting prices in writing last year but prices in restaurants seem like they have calmed down.

But not sure if this will last. A friend owns a restaurant and told me their utility bills skyrocketed and they are going to have to raise their prices because of that. Probably others will have to follow suit. She said she can't raise the prices as people won't pay more.

They have pretty decent Philly cheese steaks there but expensive at over $10 USD.

View attachment 6952
These prices are quite pricey for a sandwich. I would guess you can get the same thing in the States for less than it costs here in BA. I could certainly get a sandwich like this in Europe for less than here in BA. Shocking how much prices have gone up in dollars here for food. They will have to change their menus again. Food pries are still going up about 5% a month.

Back