Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink El restaurante del Club del Progreso

ArtmikeGG

Founded in 1852, the Club del Progreso restaurant is the oldest "gentlemen club" in South America. The house in which it is located originally belonged to the Duhau family and important Argentine political figures paraded through its interior.

It is located on the second floor and the main salon has a magnificent boiserie and bronze fixtures. There is another smaller room where private events can be held and a checkerboard patio on the first floor, where the grill and clay oven are located, as well as a well stocked bar. The house specialty is empanadas, grilled entraña, lamb ribs, puchero and Segovian style suckling pig.

I went to La Parrilla on the first floor for the first time, I had gone to the first floor lounge for dinner before and found it EXCELLENT. This time we went to lunch on the first floor. I found it a very nice place, with a very personalized attention, the grill was the best, the fried empanada was very tasty, we had to decline other grill dishes because we were satisfied and we went for dessert which in this case was a tiramisu and a flan. We finished with a coffee.

1703597885533.png1703597895288.png

Back