Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

EV companies are hungry for Argentina’s lithium. Little is left for Argentines

oil rush

The writing is on the wall. This country is about to explode upwards. Elon Musk is coming to meet with Milei later this year. Everyone is flying down to meet with Milei's administration. Going to be an economic payday. Bank heads, CIA, Military, bitcoin farms, etc. etc All in town. Boom!

International community and investors are definitely bullish on Argentina and Milei. I didn't realize that Argentina exported so much lithium to the USA and China. Thanks for posting this article @oil rush. I did hear that Elon Musk was coming to meet with President Milei. Once that happens, I would have to believe it is going to cause even more interest in Argentina.

Seems like every day I read the news there are finally international investors that are investing in Argentina. This would have never happened under Massa.

The writing is on the wall. This country is about to explode upwards. Elon Musk is coming to meet with Milei later this year. Everyone is flying down to meet with Milei's administration. Going to be an economic payday. Bank heads, CIA, Military, bitcoin farms, etc. etc All in town. Boom!

Can this article be correct? It says a lady spends $400 USD per month on electricity. That can't be right. Makes me question content when I see suspect info. Or is electricity only cheap on that island? Never heard of it before.

Yes, this is all predictable. I started posting in July 2023 that President Milei was going to win. And I forecasted correctly how everything that is happening now was going to happen. You're going to see the Milei administration continuing to push Argentina in cutting costs, balancing its budget, cutting out corruption, getting the financial markets regulated. I am seeing examples each day, especially the past few weeks of this ramping up.

As others mentioned, it's not difficult to see the extreme interest of individuals, corporations, even nations in Argentina. You haven't seen anything yet.

Can this article be correct? It says a lady spends $400 USD per month on electricity. That can't be right. Makes me question content when I see suspect info. Or is electricity only cheap on that island? Never heard of it before.
I doubt that can be correct. My electricity bill using AC a lot is only $20 bucks a month for a big place. I doubt anyone is spending $400 US per month on electricity. Something is getting lost in translation or exaggerated.

I saw that Eramine (French company) is going to invest $800 MILLION USD for it's 2nd plant in Salta through Mileis new RIGI program. The cash is already starting to come into Argentina.

Back