Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Exploring Argentina with Kids

Bradd

Hi everyone! We're heading to Argentina in October to explore the country and see if it's a good place for us to settle down. We're really excited about this adventure. Besides Buenos Aires, what other cities or regions would you recommend visiting? We have three kids between the ages of 7 and 11, so we're looking for places with plenty of activities for children. Bariloche and Mendoza are already on our list, but we'd love to hear more suggestions.

Hi everyone! We're heading to Argentina in October to explore the country and see if it's a good place for us to settle down. We're really excited about this adventure. Besides Buenos Aires, what other cities or regions would you recommend visiting? We have three kids between the ages of 7 and 11, so we're looking for places with plenty of activities for children. Bariloche and Mendoza are already on our list, but we'd love to hear more suggestions.
Take them to Iguazu Falls. There were a lot of kids visiting when I went. Your kids would love it. I saw many kids both on the Argentina and Brazil side. I think they would also love Calafate and the glaciers. I have yet to go.

If you're considering a city to settle down in, I recommend checking out the northern area of the province: Vicente López, Olivos, La Lucila, San Isidro, Beccar, etc. I lived in Vicente López for a while, and I loved it.

Take them to Iguazu Falls. There were a lot of kids visiting when I went. Your kids would love it. I saw many kids both on the Argentina and Brazil side. I think they would also love Calafate and the glaciers. I have yet to go.
Agree on Iguazu Falls. That is probably the most memorable for a kid that age. I went with my sister's kids and they were thrilled. If you go take the boat ride up to the falls.

You’re doing great! Before moving here, I traveled around and visited a few cities. I’m currently living in Córdoba, and I love it! It’s a city that has a bit of everything. I have two kids, 6 and 10 years old, and they’re really happy here.

If you head to Bariloche I recommend you to stay a few days in San Martin De Los Andes even Villa La Angostura if you have time. In Bariloche, the west country-side area is nicer and fancier, with much better landscapes.

If you head to Bariloche I recommend you to stay a few days in San Martin De Los Andes even Villa La Angostura if you have time. In Bariloche, the west country-side area is nicer and fancier, with much better landscapes.
Agree on both San Martin de los Andes and Villa la Angostura. Stunning towns. Nice place to go and relax.

I’ve visited Mendoza and Bariloche, and I loved both provinces, though I think I liked Mendoza a bit more. It’s a great place to explore with kids, you can do a lot of outdoor activities. I go there to relax whenever I can. As for living, I settled in San Isidro, and I have to say, I really love it.

If you're looking for a quieter, less stressful place outside the big cities, I’d recommend checking out San Isidro, Bariloche, and Mendoza. They’re great for raising kids, with a safe environment and plenty of nature. The quality of life there is excellent, and the peace and tranquility are really something special.

Back