Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Extortion by transfer: the evidence that reveals the “contributions” demanded by the leaders of social organizations - Infobae

All the Answers

Extortion by transfer: the evidence that reveals the “contributions” demanded by the leaders of social organizations - Infobae​

1716477998072.png

Source:

May 23, 2024

Infobae agreed to two of the complaints analyzed by Justice. Chats, audios and other evidence that show the mechanism to keep part of the plans.

By Nicolas Pizzi

1716478053332.png
The chats and audios that reveal the extortions of the leaders.

Complaints to line 134 for the management of social plans multiply daily. Although the targeted organizations speak of 2 percent, as a supposed regulated limit, there are cases that went so far as to request up to half of the money delivered by the State. And the most striking thing is that some of the “contributions” were made by bank transfer, an unusual mechanism that should now simplify the investigation.

One of the cases entered through line 134 of the Ministry of National Security points to two representatives of the organization “La 25”, based in the capital of Salta . The accused were identified as Paola Aguado and her husband Jorge Rios. The complainant assured that these two people demanded up to 50% of the Potenciar Trabajo from her mother. The maneuver would have been repeated for a year.

”In recent days I asked him to send him the account details and also the username to verify them. Where we said no because it is my mother's confidential data. He also asked him to capture the latest card movements. I hope for a favorable response, thank you (sic),” says the administrative file that ended up being added to a mega case led by federal judge Ariel Lijo , where there are more than 1,000 cases.

1716478166940.png
The conversations of the referents who demanded payment through transfers

The complaint against the leaders of “La 25” includes recent WhatsApp conversations and several audios that expose the entire extortion mechanism. The evidence reveals that the “monthly contributions” went directly to the bank accounts of those targeted or their immediate family members.

The woman who had to deliver half of her plan then sent proof of each transfer. In the chats the amounts of each movement , the recipient's CUIT, and the account number at Banco Nación appear. According to the chats provided, Rios used to collect an account from a young man of just 19 years old, identified as NMR

In one of the audios that accompany the complaint, a series of recriminations are heard, strikingly, from whoever kept part of the plans. “ You played tricks on us,” he tells the woman who made the transfers every month.

The Evidence That Reveals The “Contributions” That The Leaders Of Social Organizations Demanded - Audio 4
In another of the audios, a woman's voice is heard. “You are going to collect the bonus, which is 22,000 pesos. Now I'm going to be saying when it's 22,000 and there you no longer pay contributions for any of that... there it would be 11 and 11. I pay the contribution now, I pay them the contribution now and next month you pay the contribution." , the conversation starts.

Then male voices join in. Together they try to convince the woman to contribute . “Okay, ready. Send me a CBU, because I tell you the truth, I don't have time to come. “Buy some things,” the complainant ends up admitting.

The Evidence That Reveals The “Contributions” That The Leaders Of Social Organizations Demanded - Audio 1
The case being processed in the Lijo court - one of the two candidates proposed by the Government to join the Supreme Court - includes complaints about at least nine marches organized by social groups since the inauguration of Javier Milei . One of the protests was on December 22 of last year, when several organizations mobilized in rejection of the decree of necessity and urgency that deregulated the economy. That day the Union of Workers of the Popular Economy (UTEP), the FENAT, the Autonomous CTA, the Libres del Sur organization, the Front of Organizations in Struggle (FOL), among other organizations, marched.

The file also includes complaints about the mobilization of January 24 , on the occasion of the first general strike called by the General Confederation of Labor (CGT) and the Argentine Workers' Central (CTA) .

The case being carried out by Lijo is much more voluminous than the one investigated by Judge Sebastián Casanello and prosecutor Gerardo Pollicita. “ We have more than 1,000 complaint forms entered through 134, we are analyzing each case and determining who were the ones making the threats ,” noted the same source. Although the case has just begun, Lijo has already ordered accounting reports and several testimonial statements.

Casanello's file began with more than 900 cases, but only 45 were taken into account, for events that would have occurred in the Federal Capital. Of that total, investigators managed to locate 7 people and 5 ended up testifying as witnesses with a confidential identity. The rest of the cases were spread across more than 30 federal courts in the interior of the country.

Instead, Lijo decided to keep the more than 1,000 cases given to him by the Ministry of Security, headed by Patricia Bullrich.

One of these complaints, to which Infobae had access , also provides compelling evidence such as chats and bank transfer receipts. The one named is Cecilia Elisabeth Acuña . The conversations reveal that this woman kept between 5 and 10 thousand pesos of a plan of 25 thousand pesos, that is, more than 20 percent.

1716478329318.png

Transfers, with amounts, times and exact dates.

Among the evidence provided there are screenshots of a WhatsApp group called “Beneficios Agosto” where Acuña interacted with the beneficiaries of the plans and gave them precise orders: “Don't forget that you have to make the transfer of 20% The bonus is $20,000 per 20% is 4000. And the benefit deposit of $25,000 therefore 20% will be $5000 (sic) ″. And then he clarifies: “Please don't forget to give me the receipt and keep a copy for yourself.”

1716478354686.png

There are dozens of messages in that WhatsApp group from the months of November and December of last year. In one of his interventions, Acuña clarifies the reason for his parallel accounting: “WHY DO WE REQUEST THE CAPTURE OF THE LATEST MOVEMENTS? To demonstrate to the ministry that the deposit was not made and that they do not ask us for that 20% and that it does not have to be paid out of our pocket.”

1716478391990.png

The woman who reported Acuña in 134 assured that both she and her husband received a plan between August and November 2023 , but that from that moment on they were canceled, although they continued to appear in the lists of beneficiaries of the Ministry of Development. Social.

Back