Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Feliz Nochevieja to all

GlasgowJohn

Best New Year greetings to all! I sincerely hope that all current and potential residents, Argentine natives, and visitors have a super night with family and friends!

2024 will be an interesting year! Without a doubt, it will be a tough year for many of us. Let's hope that our president and his government do their best to get the country back on the right track.

Best New Year greetings to all! I sincerely hope that all current and potential residents, Argentine natives, and visitors have a super night with family and friends!

2024 will be an interesting year! Without a doubt, it will be a tough year for many of us. Let's hope that our president and his government do their best to get the country back on the right track.
Amen! Let's all hope for a wonderful 2024 for Argentina and all its citizens. Happy New Year to all.

right back at ya! i didn't end up hearing any gunshots in Palermo Chico, and actually it was the quietest New Year's ever. a tiny amount of small fireworks went off at 23:52, then around 00:08 some more, and some faint shouting on the street, but overall the volume was 1/10 - compared to Guatemala where i dodged bottle rockets and streets are filled, or rural South Dakota where there are 7 days of mortar-style aerial fireworks totally legal!

right back at ya! i didn't end up hearing any gunshots in Palermo Chico, and actually it was the quietest New Year's ever. a tiny amount of small fireworks went off at 23:52, then around 00:08 some more, and some faint shouting on the street, but overall the volume was 1/10 - compared to Guatemala where i dodged bottle rockets and streets are filled, or rural South Dakota where there are 7 days of mortar-style aerial fireworks totally legal!
Ha. Very quiet night in Belgrano. NYE is low key here in Argentina. Hope everyone has a great 2024.

Back