Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Trip Reports Finally arrived in Buenos Aires - Trip report

Lucia

Hey everyone!

Arrived yesterday morning after a challenging overnight flight; the customs process took a bit of time, perhaps around an hour. It's advisable to keep your boarding passes as they're requested, and those who had already disposed of them faced some issues.

The Banco de Nacional at the airport offered a favorable exchange rate. Once you're out of customs, turn right, and you'll find the bank tucked away down a corridor. The queues were about 30 minutes or so.

Organizing a taxi at the kiosk was quick and straightforward, and the pricing was reasonable.

For the first six days, we're staying at an Airbnb in Palermo. The check-in process was smooth, and the apartment is delightful for the price paid. It includes a roof terrace, and the complex has a communal gym and pool. I can also confirm that the apartment provided toilet paper 😉

The overall atmosphere we've experienced so far is pleasant and relaxed. Police presence is noticeable, contributing to a sense of safety. I've opted to leave my valuable jewelry back home in the UK as a precaution.

Palermo is a lively area with numerous bars and restaurants, and many people use their phones in public.
Enjoyed some delicious baked empanadas yesterday :)

The weather is fantastic, but it's essential to remember sunscreen as you can burn quickly.

We have already started to enjoy this beautiful place! I will tell you more about it in a few days!

Back