Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Found a bookstore that sells books in English in Buenos Aires - Kel Ediciones

MikeYoung

Wow, I found a bookstore that sells books in English here in Buenos Aires. I enjoy reading actual books instead of on my iPad or Kindle.

I thought it was just the one location but on their website, it shows they have several locations!

Yep. They are really great. I also enjoy reading real books and turning pages once in a while as I spend too much time online. You can also try going to Walrus Books in San Telmo. They sell used books in English.

Wow, I found a bookstore that sells books in English here in Buenos Aires. I enjoy reading actual books instead of on my iPad or Kindle.

I thought it was just the one location but on their website, it shows they have several locations!

Another fan. Also, the owner is very nice. You can also request some books and they sometimes can order them although it takes some time. But feel free to ask them.

I had a Kindle a long time ago but it broke. But I got a Kobo for Christmas. I love it! The books are typically more affordable than Kindle books. Lots and lots of free books you can download free online. If you have a library card in the USA (which you can get free at many cities) you can download books throughout the year. Check it out!

What I really like about the Kindle is that when you touch a word, it shows you the definition in English or the meaning in Spanish as you can customize the settings. I used to resist getting one because I preferred physical books, but once I this new feature I love it!

The best part is that it's so portable – you can carry it in your pocket with thousands of books. It's perfect for any setting or environment. I find it especially useful for learning Spanish and exploring Argentina. You can send newspaper articles to read on the go, and if you come across unfamiliar words, just touch them to get instant meanings. This feature encourages me to look up words and improve my vocabulary. The battery lasts for over a month even with heavy reading, depending on how much you use it.

The Kindle was a worthwhile splurge for me and I love that I can read it in the dark or even at the beach when it is very sunny out.

What I really like about the Kindle is that when you touch a word, it shows you the definition in English or the meaning in Spanish as you can customize the settings. I used to resist getting one because I preferred physical books, but once I this new feature I love it!

The best part is that it's so portable – you can carry it in your pocket with thousands of books. It's perfect for any setting or environment. I find it especially useful for learning Spanish and exploring Argentina. You can send newspaper articles to read on the go, and if you come across unfamiliar words, just touch them to get instant meanings. This feature encourages me to look up words and improve my vocabulary. The battery lasts for over a month even with heavy reading, depending on how much you use it.

The Kindle was a worthwhile splurge for me and I love that I can read it in the dark or even at the beach when it is very sunny out.
I haven't bought a real book in over a decade. I just use my Kindle.

According to this article, books in Argentina will become even more rare.

Back