Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

FYI - Personal Mobile cellphone coverage has been upgraded to 5G in Buenos Aires for iPhone users

Digital Nomad

Today's public service announcement. Personal Telecom has upgraded to 5G for iPhone users again. It was working last year but it stopped working a few months ago or at least it wasn't working for me and I have been stuck with slower 4G. It is faster than ever and I am told they will expand all over the city. They are rolling it out.

I did a Speedtest of 600Mbps yesterday afternoon with 3 bars of signal. Yippee!

I did notice the increased speeds. Just make sure to have your iOS version on your iPhone updated to the latest update. I don't think it will work without it. It worked by my apartment in Recoleta which is great. Sometimes my Internet goes down so this is fast enough to do a hotspot. Will be nice once it rolls out to the entire city.

Great news. I have TMobile and that should work down there to use my USA line but my friend down there told me that she got a Personal eSim so I will do the same thing. Good to hear they have 5G service.

I also have Personal and I noticed the faster speeds. I had TMobile for many years previously but they cancelled my plan as I was using it too often in Argentina. They said that was not what the plan was intended for. Just occasional travel.

Back