Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Gyms in Recoleta that have Crossfit? Open in January ?

I am coming to Buenos Aires in January. I heard that many locals are gone in January. Will everything be open? I will probably stay at the Loi Suites hotel in Recoleta. I am coming with my husband and teenage daughter that all are into fitness and love crossfit. Can anyone tell me if they will be open in January? Is there any age limits that my 14 year old will have issues with?

Thanks in advance.

You won't have issues in January. It's true many locals travel in January as it's very hot but with the economy bad more people are staying in town and not traveling. Many of my friends are all staying but even still things are open in January.

It is very hot then. This is the gym that I go to and quite nice. You shouldn't have issues with a 14 year old but you may want to contact them to ask. You didn't mention how long you will come but many gyms will offer a weekly pass if you ask. Or ask your hotel and they can contact them for you. Loi Suites is a fine hotel.

Have a great trip.

You won't have issues in January. It's true many locals travel in January as it's very hot but with the economy bad more people are staying in town and not traveling. Many of my friends are all staying but even still things are open in January.

It is very hot then. This is the gym that I go to and quite nice. You shouldn't have issues with a 14 year old but you may want to contact them to ask. You didn't mention how long you will come but many gyms will offer a weekly pass if you ask. Or ask your hotel and they can contact them for you. Loi Suites is a fine hotel.

Have a great trip.

This one is very good. It's the one that I go to. The staff is very friendly.

Have a great trip.

Thank you so much!!!

This looks perfect for us. I will ask the hotel to call them as I don't speak Spanish. I will post back about my experience with them.

update for ya @Crossfit Junkie - my chick is now attending this gym in Palermo Chico/Recoleta: https://maps.app.goo.gl/AGUFaUxTtj55Xqde7

it's an Open Gym style, with 5-20 people in each 40-minute session, you buy 12 classes for a "month" charge of 34,500 Pesos with credit card. discounts for cash or more packages. front desk girl Mich speaks good English. holler if i can get you more info (not sure if you're here yet)

update for ya @Crossfit Junkie - my chick is now attending this gym in Palermo Chico/Recoleta: https://maps.app.goo.gl/AGUFaUxTtj55Xqde7

it's an Open Gym style, with 5-20 people in each 40-minute session, you buy 12 classes for a "month" charge of 34,500 Pesos with credit card. discounts for cash or more packages. front desk girl Mich speaks good English. holler if i can get you more info (not sure if you're here yet)

Thank you so much! That looks a bit further down for me on the outer edge of Recoleta and really Palermo. I'm near the Recoleta Village area so it's a bit far. But thanks for posting it.

it's a bit far.
there's no A/C, i forgot to mention that. A/C will be a scarcity, so when looking for a gym my first questions would be via WhatsApp:

1. is there A/C?
2. do i need a doctor's note or do i need to pay for a 'medical eval' to start?
3. what if any are the initial fees? (half don't have them)
4. what is the actual cost in Pesos with a credit card? (65% seem to take credit cards)

Back