Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Hamburger day

No one can afford a hamburger now! They are too expensive! Many places are more expensive than in the States now.
Actually I was surprised at how much some of these places in Palermo charge for a burger. You are right Larry that many places I think were even more than the USA. Hotdogs as well. I went into a hotdog joint and was surprised how expensive it was. Even fast food I thought would be cheap but I went to McDonald's one day and was shocked how expensive it was. Big Mac extra value meal was the same as back home.

Actually I was surprised at how much some of these places in Palermo charge for a burger. You are right Larry that many places I think were even more than the USA. Hotdogs as well. I went into a hotdog joint and was surprised how expensive it was. Even fast food I thought would be cheap but I went to McDonald's one day and was shocked how expensive it was. Big Mac extra value meal was the same as back home.
Actually @Uncle Wong, fast food places are some of the most overvalued and worst places to eat in BA. The food is disgusting but also very expensive. No one should be eating fast food in a city like Buenos Aires. Even more shocking is just how full some of them are. For the same price you can get an asado.

Back