Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

How to cast your absentee ballot in the U.S. presidential election

There is some more information here. Just keep in mind procedures are different from State to State. Some States you can request a ballot by email and just email it to them and others you have to mail to them which can be difficult or expensive with postage.

Hopefully, all Americans are voting this year in the US Presidential elections. Here are instructions on how to cast your absentee vote.

Thanks for the reminder. I just read that you have to have postage even if you drop off at the US Embassy. Do they sell postage stamps there? How does one go about getting postage stamps here?

There are three ways to submit your physical ballot. You can mail it with Argentina’s state service, Correo Argentino; ship it via a private courier; or place it in the diplomatic pouch at the United States Embassy in Buenos Aires, located on Avenida Colombia 4300. The latter option is free, but keep in mind that your envelope must bear appropriate U.S. postage and can take up to four weeks to reach its final destination. This means you’ll want to drop it off no later than October 5 (or earlier, if you can).

Thanks for the reminder. I just read that you have to have postage even if you drop off at the US Embassy. Do they sell postage stamps there? How does one go about getting postage stamps here?

There are three ways to submit your physical ballot. You can mail it with Argentina’s state service, Correo Argentino; ship it via a private courier; or place it in the diplomatic pouch at the United States Embassy in Buenos Aires, located on Avenida Colombia 4300. The latter option is free, but keep in mind that your envelope must bear appropriate U.S. postage and can take up to four weeks to reach its final destination. This means you’ll want to drop it off no later than October 5 (or earlier, if you can).
I have dropped off my ballet via the diplomatic pouch option at the US Embassy and never was asked for any postage. I'm not sure if this is new. I can't imagine where you would find US stamps in Argentina.

Back