Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer How to get to Recoleta Cemetery by metro

kara

I’m wondering how I can take the metro to Recoleta Cemetery and the big bookstore in Recoleta from Palermo Hollywood? I’ve looked online and couldn’t find anything on this except google maps suggestions to take the bus route. Is the cemetery close to any metro stops?

If you want to take metro , take line "D" in Palermo to Callao.

From there you are 3 blocks from the Ateneo Bookstore. From there you can walk to Recoleta cemetery.

In the way back you can take Sube "E" in Las Heras or Facultad de Derecho and combine with the D line back to palermo.

In any case it will be faster and directlty by bus as Google maps suggest.

I find BA very walkable

It is only a few miles away and you can stop at your leisure

Take from Soho Santa Fe Ave towards Callao Avenue

Left to Junin street, straight to the Cemetery

Or continue Santa Fe towards Callao and visit the Bookstore is on your right called El Ateneo

Then take Callao towards Quintana street and follow the people

Should take you an hour and is worth it

Enjoy

I’m wondering how I can take the metro to Recoleta Cemetery and the big bookstore in Recoleta from Palermo Hollywood? I’ve looked online and couldn’t find anything on this except google maps suggestions to take the bus route. Is the cemetery close to any metro stops?
Hi @kara,

To go from Palermo to Recoleta Cemetery you have several transportation options. Here are some alternatives:

By Colectivo (Bus):

You can take any of the bus lines that connect Palermo with Recoleta. Check the bus lines map to find the most convenient route.

Some bus lines that could connect these two neighborhoods:

Line 10: Passes through different points of Palermo and Recoleta.

Line 59: Connects different neighborhoods, including Palermo and Recoleta.

Line 67: This line could have routes connecting Palermo and Recoleta.

Line 152: Another option that could connect these neighborhoods.

By Subway (Metro):

Palermo and Recoleta are connected by the D line of the subway. You can take the subway at Palermo station (D line) and get off at Facultad de Medicina station. From there, Recoleta Cemetery is within walking distance.

By Taxi or Uber:

Taking a cab or Uber ride is a comfortable option if you prefer convenience and speed. Make sure you have the appropriate app installed on your phone.

By Bike:

Buenos Aires has a public bicycle system called EcoBici. You can rent a bike and enjoy a ride around the city all the way to Recoleta Cemetery.

Walking:

If you enjoy walking and the weather is nice, you can also walk from Palermo to Recoleta Cemetery. This option allows you to explore the city at your own pace.

I hope you enjoy this visit to the cemetery which is really interesting.

i've been here 2 weeks and haven't taken a bus/taxi/subway/Uber once, since everything is so walkable (even the US Embassy is only 50 mins walk from Villa Crespo). of course i took a taxi from EZE airport since it was 1hr20mins in traffic (15000 Pesos or $20 USD)

i've been here 2 weeks and haven't taken a bus/taxi/subway/Uber once, since everything is so walkable (even the US Embassy is only 50 mins walk from Villa Crespo). of course i took a taxi from EZE airport since it was 1hr20mins in traffic (15000 Pesos or $20 USD)
Yes, I agree with you @StatusNomadicus. I often times walk my dog and I'm an avid jogger as well. I run around the park in Palermo. Since COVID, I've been working from home instead of going to the office and even then I just took the bus. But for a few years now I just work from home. Like you, most places I go, I walk. Most of my friends are the same way unless they are going far to eat at a restaurant but these days most of my friends just eat near their homes or honestly most aren't dining out as much now.

the short-term folks staying Palermo seem to take taxis everywhere...i met some this week that took a taxi because the restaurant was 15 mins walking away! lol, i like the european style of walking better (like in czechia, poland, etc.)

maybe we jogged past each other at the big parks! @sergio are you the one that moved from the old forum??

Wow to not take a subway or bus route is one thing but no way I can say I haven't taken a taxi or Uber. I'm in those a few times a day. 50 minutes for an expat isn't much but for a tourist that's a lot of time to waste probably if you only have a few days in Buenos Aires.

Ubers are crazy cheap. Only about $2 to get clear across town. Yes, they add up if you live here but for people only in Bueons Aires a week or two you probably won'[t be walking the entire week or so. Many dinners I do are in other neighborhoods or I have had dates where the girl had high heels on. So walking isn't an option.

I agree Buenos Aires is a great walking city. I haven't taken the Subway at all and there are a lot of bus lines but I can't justify waiting for a crowded bus. I can work in the Uber and it's clean, cheap and easy.

No offense but you sound cheap to me! 2 weeks and never taking a taxi? You either have too much time on your hands or you're too cheap. Or both. Are you the guy who said there are no good steaks in Buenos Aires? And complaining about paying $1 for bread?

Back