Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Ice cream parlors in Buenos Aires

rachelc

I have read that Argentina has the best ice cream in the world, as an ice cream lover I would like to visit the best ice cream parlors in Buenos Aires, please share your experiences with me!

Thanks in advance!

Hey,
I am also an ice cream lover and during my stay in Buenos Aires I have been to many ice cream parlors but I must say that the best and the one that has the best ice cream I have tasted in my trip is the Rapanui ice cream parlor, their flavors are extraordinary, very creamy, handmade, another level.

Here you can see the branches https://rapanui.com.ar/storelocator

I hope you have the best experience tasting the best flavors!

Hello rachelc

The best ice cream parlors in Buenos Aires stand out for their artisanal elaboration as well as for the innovation of their tastes.

Ice cream is one of the most common desserts among Argentines, and the flavor of our ice creams is highly praised all over the world.

1701972388374.png

Here is a list of the best ice cream parlors:

Cadore​

At Cadore, its master ice cream maker transforms the noble ingredients into one of the best ice creams in the world. The absolute mastery of family recipes for over a century, handed down from generation to generation, makes it possible for "Cadore" to continue to evolve in the creation of new flavors.

This is an ice cream parlor, located at 1695 Corrientes Avenue, which was selected among the 10 best in the world by National Geographic, in 2017. It is famous for its dulce de leche, but also for its innovative flavors such as chai cream, choc speziatto and strudel.

📍1695 Corrientes Av., Caba

Rapa Nui​

It was born as a chocolate shop whose first branch was installed in Bariloche, in 1948. Over the years, its products became a tradition throughout Patagonia. Little by little, they added more items to the menu, including ice creams and the popular “Fra Nui”, delicious frozen raspberries dipped in milk chocolate, or bitter, and white chocolate. Today, its branches can also be found in several Buenos Aires neighborhoods, such as Caballito, Palermo, Recoleta, Villa Devoto.

📍2302 Arenales St, Recoleta

📍2014 Malabia St, Palermo

📍1284 Uruguay St, Recoleta

📍772 Santa Fe Av., Plaza San Martin

📍1515 Pedro Goyena Av, Caballito

Italia​

They opened in Mar del Plata in 1972, although in recent years they expanded and now have two branches in the City of Buenos Aires: one on El Salvador 4795 street (Palermo) and the other on Juncal 1760 (Recoleta). Beyond the fact that its ice cream tastes are exquisite—and it is a dream place for sambayon lovers—its Sicilian cannolis filled with ice cream also stand out.

📍1760 Juncal, Recoleta

Lucciano's

It was chosen in 2019 as the best in the City, through a survey carried out by the Buenos Aires Government. It is an Argentine chain that combines national, Italian and Belgian raw materials. It was born in Mar del Plata and already has stores in Uruguay and the United States. In the city, it is located at Caballito, Devoto, Villa Urquiza, among other neighborhoods. and Recoleta, Puerto Madero

📍3246 Corrientes Av, Shopping Abasto

📍4881 Honduras St, Palermo

📍3979 Fernandez De Enciso, Devoto

📍1557 Larrea St, Recoleta

📍2876 Santa Fe Av, Caba

📍390 Alicia Moreau De Justo, Puerto Madero

📍1602 Pedro Goyena Av., Caballito

📍4950 Rivadavia Av., Parque Rivadavia

📍6021 Libertador Av. (And Juramento), Caba

📍1932 Holmberg St., Villa Urquiza

📍66 Corvalan St., Villa Luro

Occo​

Originally, they were dedicated to cooking, but in 2012 they decided to move into the ice cream business. The mutation turned into the current menu, which offers non-traditional flavors such as carrot and ginger or orange and black beer. It has branches in Barrio Norte, Nuñez, Palermo, Saavedra, Villa Urquiza and Villa Pueyrredón.

📍1581 Dorrego St, Palermo
📍2695 French St, Barrio Norte
📍4558 Olazaval St., Villa Urquiza
📍2908 Montañeses, Nuñez

Podio​

It is a franchise of Maximiliano Maccarrone, a master ice cream maker who in 2014 went to compete in Rimini, 80 kilometers from Rome, to the Ice Cream World Cup. On that trip, he met Pope Francis , to whom he brought ice cream to try. The chain has stores in Caballito, Almagro, Balvanera, Parque Patricios, Parque Chacabuco and Recoleta.

📍2399 Independencia Av., Balvanera
📍2289 Austria St., Recoleta
📍3778 Rivadavia Av., Almagro
📍5900 Rivadavia Av., Caballito

Antiche Tentazioni​

The Antiche Tentazioni (Ancient Temptations) ice cream parlor was founded in 2004 in the Italian city of Padova. In 2018, after almost 15 years of experience in the old continent, he landed in Argentina. Today, it has branches in Palermo and in Belgrano.

📍4770 Honduras St., Palermo
📍6002 Del Libertador Av., Belgrano

I hope you have the best experience tasting different flavors of the best Argentinean ice cream.

Back