Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Javier Milei’s Argentina looks to veteran diplomat to mend ties with China: reports - South China Morning Post

Smart move with this appointment of the Ambassador. Milei sounds like he will make nice with China. I actually think he has things planned out. He is going to end up best buddies with lots of nations that all want to work with Argentina.

Smart move with this appointment of the Ambassador. Milei sounds like he will make nice with China. I actually think he has things planned out. He is going to end up best buddies with lots of nations that all want to work with Argentina.
WRONG again! The credit swap with China cancelled due to his idiotic verbiage, BRICS now officially rejected. When he said there's no money, he really meant that he would make sure that there is no money by Argentina's largest trading partners. Milei is a total disaster. Worse President Argentina has ever had.

Guess all that talk about not needing to work with China was wrong.

Guess all that talk about not needing to work with China was wrong.

Correct. Argentina needs China on it's side.

Argentina really needs China if it's going to make a full recovery.

I agree. Milei is doing lots of things right but he shouldn't antagonize so much. Argentina needs China just like China needs Argentina,

Argentina certainly needs China but I am not convinced that China needs Argentina
I think they both need one another. Argentina has a lot of precious resources that China needs. Here is a good article on the two @GlasgowJohn.

Back