Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Johnny B. Good, Puerto Madero

Miriam145

The place is very nice, the ambiance is very pleasant, the drinks prepared very good, if you are alone and want to have a drink to refresh yourself it is worth it. The bartender Ariel was very nice and recommended drinks. Thank you very much for the good time and treatment. Super recommended the place. Excellent hamburgers. We ordered burgers, beer, mojitos and dessert. Adequate prices.

1702387901781.png

hey @Miriam145 i'm researching where to invest in BsAs and i was wondering what brought you to Puerto Madero...i know the Hilton is there and a bunch of skyscrapers. you on a business trip? do people specifically stay in Puerto Madero because it's so clean and ritzy?

hey @Miriam145 i'm researching where to invest in BsAs and i was wondering what brought you to Puerto Madero...i know the Hilton is there and a bunch of skyscrapers. you on a business trip? do people specifically stay in Puerto Madero because it's so clean and ritzy?
I can't speak for Miriam145 but Puerto Madero while a nice area is too fake, and while pristine and the safest part of Buenos Aires I don't think it has a heart or soul. I could blindfold you and you'd think you were in Miami or something. It's not really Buenos Aires to me. Most people staying there are there for business. There are not many services there so most people that I know that move there end up moving out after a year. You can't really get all your essentials without leaving for another neighborhood.

Although there are some decent restaurants there not too many of them and some really touristy. NO way in hell I'd live there. Plus it's crazy expensive there. I bought there after the financial crash of 2002 and bought up a LOT of real estate there including a few penthouse apartments. But it was very cheap back then. Now, it's obscene what they are getting there.

From an ROI standpoint the numbers don't make sense on short-term rentals as the real estate cost way too much. Just because you pay more per sq. meter doesn't mean you can charge more per sq. meter. It's mostly dictated by maximum sleeping capacity. Plus, many of the fancy buildings there don't allow short-term Airbnb rentals.

Hi StatusNomadicus,

I was in Puerto Madero during my recent vacation. I stayed there and was delighted with everything. The area is simply spectacular, with a perfect combination of modernity and elegance. The gleaming skyscrapers, the promenades along the river and the exclusive restaurants create a truly unique atmosphere.

The hotel where I stayed was a wise choice. It offered breathtaking views and impeccable service that made my stay even more special. Although I must confess that what I didn't like was the remoteness of the shopping area so I ended up going to Recoleta and Palermo several times since that is the most important gastronomic area in BA.

It was definitely a great experience but I wouldn't choose that area to live in.

Hi StatusNomadicus,

I was in Puerto Madero during my recent vacation. I stayed there and was delighted with everything. The area is simply spectacular, with a perfect combination of modernity and elegance. The gleaming skyscrapers, the promenades along the river and the exclusive restaurants create a truly unique atmosphere.

The hotel where I stayed was a wise choice. It offered breathtaking views and impeccable service that made my stay even more special. Although I must confess that what I didn't like was the remoteness of the shopping area so I ended up going to Recoleta and Palermo several times since that is the most important gastronomic area in BA.

It was definitely a great experience but I wouldn't choose that area to live in.
Yes, it is very clean, modern and the skyscrapers are beautiful. Easily the safest part of the city as they have their own police force there and you have to go over the bridges to get out. I went to go eat Osaka over there one night on a date and it was nice. But at night it was kind of dead by the time we finished dinner and it didn't seem like there were too many corner stores anywhere like in Recoleta or Palermo.

We walked on a Sunday as well in the afternoon and most places were closed but to be fair it was a weird time around 3:30 PM so most places had closed already and were going to open for dinner. But the only places to eat were fast food hot dog/pizza type places or cafes with sandwiches at that time.

I think for visiting is ok but I wouldn't want to stay here on vacation as you would always be taking Ubers to Palermo or Recoleta. This is close to San Telmo but really not much else. The Buquebus terminal to go to Uruguay is also down here.

Other than a stroll on a Sunday with my girlfriend I don't feel like we want to be down there too much. Not too much to do or see. I don't think the restaurants are too good either. It seems like a lot of business people stay there at the Hilton but that is it.

Puerto Madero is a totally sterile, dull environment. It doesn't even feel like Buenos Aires. Boring!

Back