Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Trip Reports Living in Vicente Lopez?

Vicente Lopez/Olivos is a pretty pleasant spot. I stayed there for a few months before shifting into the city. It's got more families and older folks, and the vibe is pretty well-off. As you head north toward the river, it gets even fancier. Good mix of shops, services, parks, and private schools. Safety-wise, it's top-notch. The commute to CABA on the Mitre line is a breeze. Personally, I moved to CABA because I found Zona Norte a bit too tranquil, and I felt a bit out of sync in areas dominated by families and older residents.

I've never been around this area. Any thoughts on what it's like for a family to live there?

I've been a resident of Vicente López for a quarter-century, and it's a fantastic neighborhood – picturesque with abundant greenery. You'll still come across many houses with an English touch. The services are top-notch, and we've got one of the city's best artisanal pasta joints, La Sarita. The proximity to the river, great schools, and easy connections to CABA through Metrobús, train, and General Paz add to its appeal. Security is solid, comparable to the safest areas in CABA.

Properties here are on the pricey side, which tends to attract an older crowd. It's a bit challenging for kids to settle in, so when they strike out on their own, they often seek out smaller apartments in the "corredor norte": from Olivos to San Isidro or even Victoria.

I've never been around this area. Any thoughts on what it's like for a family to live there?
I've called that place home for a solid 5 years, and I'm totally smitten with it! It's a fantastic pick, especially for families, and as everyone's been saying, it's crazy safe.

Down along the costanera, you've got a ton of family-friendly spots for sports, chillin', dining, catching open-air concerts – you name it.

And just so you know, Vicente López is pretty expansive. Loads to explore!

I used to reside in Vicente Lopez, and it's a tranquil spot, at least in my neck of the woods. The vibe is total family and suburban, but the only drawback was occasionally dealing with the distance to places, especially when traffic threw a wrench into public transit plus, I didn't have a vehicle.

Back