Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Mero Restaurant - Amazing flavors

Bride to Be

What an incredible place! The ambiance is superb, and the dishes are both plentiful and exquisite. The service is excellent, and the use of high-quality, well-crafted ingredients is evident throughout.

Regarding the food, the squid starter was perfectly cooked, and we also opted for the octopus as an appetizer, which was a generous and succulent portion. For our main courses, we ordered the Tomahawk on the grill ($30,000), which was outstanding on its own, accompanied by a layered potato dish, though the sauce was slightly too vinegary. We also tried the tomato and Patagonian shrimp risotto, a flavorful rice dish with plenty of cheese.

To complement our meal, we enjoyed three drinks: 2 Aperol spritzes and a summer rosé, all of which were very good. Additionally, we savored an orange wine from Porvenir. As for desserts, the pistachio tiramisu was delightful, and the chocolate mousse with salt and olive oil was satisfactory.

In summary, the bill for four people totaled $120,300, which we found reasonable given the quantity and quality of the food and beverages. It was a thoroughly satisfying gastronomic experience!

1704206130350.jpeg1704206142104.jpeg1704206155587.jpeg

$32.80 USD per person equivalent with a Visa credit card spend (Tuesday's estimate number of 917 ARS/Dollar)
I’m in NYC visiting my folks. For the 4 of us for a comparable meal the other night with about the same number of drinks we spent $585 before tip for the 4 of us.

Over 4 x the cost. Generally we are finding many places 3 or 4 x the cost of Buenos Aires.

$32.80 USD per person equivalent with a Visa credit card spend (Tuesday's estimate number of 917 ARS/Dollar)
Yep, the past several months that I've been in Buenos Aires I dine out a lot and meals even at nice places aren't more than that. Typically less as I don't drink alcohol. That place above looks nice, is in Palermo Chico in a nice area and seafood which tends to be more expensive.

I’m in NYC visiting my folks. For the 4 of us for a comparable meal the other night with about the same number of drinks we spent $585 before tip for the 4 of us.

Over 4 x the cost. Generally we are finding many places 3 or 4 x the cost of Buenos Aires.
Same here in San Diego where I live and spend most of the year. Nice restaurants are expensive here. Sometimes just an alcoholic drink will be $20 USD each. My wife and I went to eat out on Friday and just her fish dish was about $50. You add in some appetizers, drinks, dessert and tip and many restaurants in San Diego have up to a 4% to 6% "healthcare surcharge" to pay the employees healthcare. Mandatory tips like that start showing up on receipts now. Just for the 2 of us it was about $275+.

Going out to eat with my family of 5 routinely is a $300 up to $500 per meal at nice places and even at Ramen it is typically $200+ by the time you factor in taxes, tips, etc. In Buenos Aires we were there 2 months this summer and meals were probably 3-4 times cheaper on average.

Back