Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Politics Milei caused a furor this morning among some children who were in Plaza de Mayo for an excursion

Wow, this guy is so authentic and really seems to genuinely love children and also dogs. He loves his people of Argentina too. When he was flying commercial a friend shook his hand on an Aerolineas Argentina flight. Although I think he only flies private now for safety.

Only when they gave people things (back in the 50s it was food, shoes, clothes and, later on, plans/welfare).

Milei gets respect and admiration because he is the only Argentine president who has shown the people that It is not what your country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country. And people are understanding that, finally.
Yes and the majority of people are also willing to do their part even if it's painful. The fact that his popularity ratings are still so high even with the suffering tells the true tale of what is going on in Argentina. It's remarkable.

Only when they gave people things (back in the 50s it was food, shoes, clothes and, later on, plans/welfare).

Milei gets respect and admiration because he is the only Argentine president who has shown the people that It is not what your country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country. And people are understanding that, finally.
I have seen many videos where kids seem to love the President. I have not seen that in Argentina before. The social media has really pushed the younger to know who he is and helping with his popularity. He always seems to take time to greet children.

Back