Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink Pony Line - Four Seasons Hotel

raymond7

We went on a Saturday without a reservation, and fortunately, we managed to secure a pleasant spot at the bar, where the seats turned out to be surprisingly comfortable compared to other bars. I highly recommend these spots as they allow you to enjoy the fascinating preparation of cocktails by the bartenders.

Although the overall service was excellent, I want to highlight the dedication of Julian, who was always extremely attentive and friendly. Such personalized attention truly enhances the experience.

I tried some signature cocktails and discovered intriguing flavors, especially in the case of the "Yerbá pa allá." The appetizers, such as the prawns and croquettes, were good. The food, in general, was satisfactory, but the burger deserves a special mention. Its presentation is impeccable, the taste is delicious, and the quality is exceptional.

For those seeking a quieter atmosphere, I suggest arriving before 9 p.m. We knew that after this time, the atmosphere would change, but the shift in music volume was quite abrupt. Suddenly, we couldn't maintain a conversation, and the bar quickly filled up, creating a nightclub-like atmosphere. I chose to leave, but I definitely plan to return on an earlier occasion.

1703085011668.png1703085027693.png1703085046183.jpeg

I love this place. Before I moved to Buenos Aires this was my go to hotel. Beware, it's NOT cheap. I'm writing my autobiography now and was just thinking about the Four Seasons as I leased my first apartment around the corner from the hotel. Pony Line I've been to probably over 50 times over the past many years. The service is always great. For prices they are probably on par with US prices. It was never cheap there but I haven't been there in about 1 year. The food there is great. Service too.

I love this place. Before I moved to Buenos Aires this was my go to hotel. Beware, it's NOT cheap. I'm writing my autobiography now and was just thinking about the Four Seasons as I leased my first apartment around the corner from the hotel. Pony Line I've been to probably over 50 times over the past many years. The service is always great. For prices they are probably on par with US prices. It was never cheap there but I haven't been there in about 1 year. The food there is great. Service too.
Yes, think US prices. Not as expensive as going to eat a hamburger at a Four Seasons in the USA but the last time I went last year it was not cheap for an entree here. If I recall it was close to $20 US for an entree. Good service and food. But not cheap for local standards.

Ponyline has great food. It's been around a long time. I lived down the street and ate there all the time. I seriously doubt I'd spend $60 on a truffle burger there. But they get a LOT of business travelers and wealthy clients that stay at the hotel so they can charge whatever they want. A lot of locals actually eat there too. It's often times full of Argentines too that have a lot of $$$$$.

Back