Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Regimiento Patricios in Plaza de Mayo - Memorable (First Saturday of every month)

Ron

Since I learned that starting from May, every first Saturday of the month, the Patricios Regiment would showcase the patriotic event of the changing of the guard, I've wanted to go. The grenadiers are an iconic symbol of this country and truly represent a significant part of this culture. So, this Saturday, I went to Plaza de Mayo, and it was genuinely exciting. The event takes place at 11 am every first Saturday of the month. I mention it so you can have this lovely experience.
I couldn't record because I was too excited watching the entire event, but I'll leave you a video from the site.

Oh, I saw it this Saturday on TN's news, and it really moved me. The people being interviewed there were saying exactly what Ron mentioned, that they felt very emotional. So, I plan to go next month.

Since I learned that starting from May, every first Saturday of the month, the Patricios Regiment would showcase the patriotic event of the changing of the guard, I've wanted to go. The grenadiers are an iconic symbol of this country and truly represent a significant part of this culture. So, this Saturday, I went to Plaza de Mayo, and it was genuinely exciting. The event takes place at 11 am every first Saturday of the month. I mention it so you can have this lovely experience.
I couldn't record because I was too excited watching the entire event, but I'll leave you a video from the site.

This is awesome! I've never seen that there before. Hopefully they continue with that tradition.

Back