Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Sound Festival

Cariba

Administrator
Staff member
Sound Festival
The Cultural San Martín, dependent on the Ministry of Culture of the City, invites the Festival of Sounds cycle , a proposal made up of concerts, DJs and VJs. Each date takes place outdoors, free of charge, in the patios of the cultural center. It is not suspended by rain.

When?​

Saturdays February 10 and 24, starting at 8 p.m.
*Free entrance. It is not suspended by rain.

Where?​

Patios of the San Martín Cultural Center. 1551 Sarmiento St, San Nicolás.

More information

Saturday 10am to 8pm | Ceretti + DJ KRZ + VJ RoMurua

1708719051562.png

Ceretti is a singer and composer. Since 2019 he has been producing and publishing his music through alliances with different music producers and video directors, managing to consolidate a pop sound that is combined with an explosive and refreshing visual proposal. His shows, which have taken place on stages in Buenos Aires, Rosario and Córdoba, stand out for being energetic and theatrical. He is currently finishing his debut album, which will be published in April 2024 through the La banda del vip record label.

KRZ (Milo Schnitman) has been behind the decks and in the studio for more than two decades, always aiming for avant-garde sound and proposing new rhythms. He has residencies in iconic clubs, such as Cocoliche and Niceto, and performances at prominent events and festivals in Latin America, Europe and the United States, sharing the bill with top-level artists. He has been running an online radio station - Low Profile Radio - for more than ten years and currently performs, both in DJ and live formats, in renowned clubs and events in his city.

RoMurua is a VJ and visual artist. As an architect specialized in morphology, she develops her work at the intersection of space design and digital art. She works collectively with plastic, sound artists and dancers in audiovisual projects such as Sólidas, Vorágine, DAOS and Nora Minc. She collaborated with artists such as Bárbara Togander, Nancy, Ernesto Romeo, Gente Conversando and Nubes en mi casa.

Saturday 24th at 8pm | Clouds in my house + DJ Furor Exótica + VJ mecha MIO

1708719132499.png

Nubes en mi casa
is a band from Buenos Aires formed in 2007. Throughout their career they have released three albums, all through international labels (Molécula Records and Plastilina Records). In addition to having toured the City's musical circuit, the band has taken their music to festivals such as SXSW in the United States (2013) and Sueños en Espiral in Peru (2016); He has also presented shows in Uruguay and Chile. After a brief break, Nubes en mi casa returns to the stage with new sounds and songs. Live, the band is made up of Josefina Mac Loughlin, Hugo Amor, María Galarza, Luciano Gagliesi and Jota.

Furor Exótica is an Argentine duo formed in 2013 by vocalist Viky O and producer Ric Piccolo. His style is a mix of nu-italo and house. They have released multiple EP's and collaborations on labels such as Bordello a Parigi, Tom Tom Disco and Boots & Legs. Since they started the project, they have made numerous tours throughout South America, Europe and Asia, performing in various clubs and festivals. Likewise, they have been remixed by Richard Rossa, Frank Agrario, Fabrizio Mammarella, Future Feelings, Kayroy & Greetings, Alan Dente, Trujillo and Donald's House, among others.

Mecha MIO (Mercedes Invernizzi Oviedo) is a multimedia artist, Argentine born in Cuba. He has made live visual presentations, performances and installations in different settings in Argentina and the world such as: Festival Mutek, Arteba, Fundación Telefónica Perú, Ciudad Emergente, Tecnópolis, CASo, CCEBA, Centro Cultural Rojas, Centro Cultural San Martín, Festival Pleamar , Espacio Pla, Byte Footage Festival, Artlab, 1st Bilia International Festival of Artificial Intelligence, among others. Additionally, she is part of Amplify DAI, a global network of artists and curators working in digital arts, and is co-creator of the Prifma project and the Proyectorazo collective.

Thank you for posting about this. I will try to check it out tonight. I think the bands and artists agree to perform free to get their name out there and become known. But I'm not sure. But I know I like FREE.

Back