Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Newcomer Tango show recommendations

Tonia

Can you recommend a tango show ? I'm in search of an evening filled with cultural entertainment. Are there any venues or establishments known for offering a memorable and immersive tango experience in Buenos Aires?
I would greatly appreciate your suggestions and insights

Hey Tonia! I hope you are well, here is a brief review with the main and best tango show places.

Buenos Aires, the capital of tango, offers a wide variety of tango shows for all tastes and budgets. Each with its own unique and exciting style.

Señor Tango
Located in the Barracas neighborhood, Señor Tango is one of the largest and most popular tango shows in Buenos Aires. The show tells the story of tango from its origins to the present day, with live music, dancers and acrobats creating an exciting and dynamic show.

The venue boasts impressive architecture, with seating for more than 1,500 people, and is decorated with a 1940s theme, transporting visitors to another era. In addition, the venue offers gourmet dining to complement the experience.

Address: 1655 Vieytes st, Barracas
Phone Numbr: 54 9 11 4303-0231
IG: @senortango

1701279334650.png

Madero Tango

Located in the trendy Puerto Madero neighborhood, Madero Tango is one of the most innovative shows in Buenos Aires. The show combines traditional tango with modern technology, allowing for a unique experience for the audience.

The stage is a revolving platform, and a video projection system is used to transport the audience to different places and times throughout the show. Dining is also of high quality, and diners can enjoy the view of the port of Buenos Aires while enjoying the show.

Adress: Alicia Moreau De Justo Av. and 2150 Brasil, Puerto Madero
Phone Number: 54 9 11 5239-3009
IG: @maderotangook

1701279598055.png

Tango Porteño

Tango Porteño is located in the heart of downtown Buenos Aires and is presented as one of the most authentic places to enjoy tango. The show focuses on the history of tango in Buenos Aires, with live music and talented dancers taking the audience on an emotional journey through tango culture.

The venue boasts impressive décor, including a giant mural depicting the city of Buenos Aires in the 1940s. In addition, dining is of high quality, with menu options to suit all tastes and diets.

Address: 570 Cerrito, Caba
Phone Number: 54 9 11 4124-9400
IG: @tagoporteno_ok

1701279779183.png

Rojo Tango

Rojo Tango is one of the most exclusive tango shows in Buenos Aires, located at the luxurious Faena Hotel. The show is an intimate experience, with capacity for only 100 people, making it perfect for those looking for a more personalized experience.

The show includes live music and world-class dancers, who perform exciting and captivating choreography. Dining is also exceptional, with gourmet options and fine wines to complement the experience.

Address: 445 Martha Salotti St, HOTEL FAENA
Phone Number: 54 9 11 4952-4111
IG: @rojotangoshow

1701279976456.png

El Viejo Almacén

Located in the historic neighborhood of San Telmo, El Viejo Almacén is one of the oldest and most authentic places to enjoy tango in Buenos Aires. The show focuses on music and dance, with talented dancers performing exciting and dynamic choreography.

The venue has a traditional and rustic décor, making it perfect for those looking for an authentic tango experience. In addition, dining is of high quality, with menu options to suit all tastes.

Address: 799 Balcarce, San Telmo
Phone Number: 54 9 11 4307-7388/6689
IG: @elviejoalmacentango

1701280191606.png

I hope you find this information useful and that you enjoy the show!!

Great info on the tango shows! I went to a few once I first moved to Buenos Aires. But then I think I enjoy the free live shows in Recoleta or San Telmo on the weekends in the street.

Back