Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink The best proposals of the renewed Chinatown

BuySellBA

Administrator
The best proposals of the renewed Chinatown

The street of Vía ViVA in Chinatown has become a foodie meeting point in the last year, which continues to expand.

Each local that disembarks looks for its distinctive, therefore, the setting and details play a predominant role.

Our recommended:

* @cafe.gota famous for its coffee served in a glass made of cookies and chocolate. An innovative and sustainable way to enjoy your coffee.

1700874512349.jpeg

* @Orei.jo Offers one of the best BA Remen. It has a “menu on the go” where in addition to this typical Japanese dish you find Onigiri. A true Window to that country.

1700874574568.jpeg

* @cafe2d.belgrano feel like you're inside a comic in this small but very bright place. Its white walls with black details (as if done in pencil) create a unique effect.

1700874592856.jpeg

* @pescaditocdm with its exquisite sea cuisine. You will feel like you are eating on the beach, being in the middle of the city.

1700874619418.jpeg

* @havannaarg obligatory stop for tourists who visit us and are in search of Argentine alfajores.

1700874641156.jpeg

* @puppo_ ok famous for its Korean Pancho. You can assemble these Hattogu with the combination that you like the most. Tip friend: I asked for napkins because I'm sure you're going to need them.

1700874539868.jpeg

www.buysellba.com

#Buenosaires #Argentina #BA #Food #buysellba #Travel #Pasaje #ViaViva #chinaTown #BArrioChino #StreetArt #art

Last edited:
I was surprised that the Chinatown was so big in Buenos Aires! I wouldn't think there would be many Asians but the Chinatown is crazy busy on the weekends. I was amazed with how many stores they had. The restaurants aren't too good there but it is a nice escape from steaks every day. Does anyone know any Chinese places they can recommend or favorite spots?

I was surprised that the Chinatown was so big in Buenos Aires! I wouldn't think there would be many Asians but the Chinatown is crazy busy on the weekends. I was amazed with how many stores they had. The restaurants aren't too good there but it is a nice escape from steaks every day. Does anyone know any Chinese places they can recommend or favorite spots?
Yes, it's quite incredible what they have done with Barrio Chino. It used to only be about 2 blocks big but with the expansion of the Metro there, it's a quite high traffic area. On the weekends it's totally packed. When I'm in town with my 3 kids they always want to go there which can be a pain as we stay in Recoleta or Palermo and it can be a hike up there with traffic.

None of the places are that good food compared to Asian places in the USA or of course Asia. I have been to all of them but I usually go to Restaurante Mian as the owners are Chinese and the line isn't too long. The place is clean, the staff is friendly and the prices are reasonable. Some places in Chinatown are expensive and the food is nasty.

Yut - https://maps.app.goo.gl/uvUxHkLsUqVyU3p46

I will post a review in the restaurant section for Yut and post some photos. Cheers.

Back