Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Food & Drink The Bistecca - A Great Experience

CecilM

I want to share my experience at La Bistecca (Puerto Madero). Last weekend, my husband and I went there after reading excellent reviews about the place. Knowing it's best to make a reservation, especially since Saturdays tend to be busy, we booked ahead.

The restaurant operates on a "buffet-style" basis, where you can help yourself to a variety of dishes. Waitstaff assisted us at the table, and the selection was impressive: meats, sushi, pizzas, pastas, along with a variety of appetizers like cold cuts and cheeses. They also offered a wide array of desserts, including a striking chocolate waterfall that caught everyone's attention.

Drinks are charged separately, but prices are moderate. We paid $33,000 each and left feeling satisfied and eager to return soon. What stood out most was that everything is prepared fresh, and the staff was incredibly friendly and attentive throughout our meal. They even treated us to a complimentary shot of limoncello to enjoy.
I recommend making a reservation in advance if you plan to visit on a weekend.

That sounds reasonable for an all you can eat buffet. About $22 dollars each. But that's a lot of dough for a local. I'm always amazed at how full all these places are with locals.

I have been here a few times. It's decent but can be hit or miss depending on when you go. The weekends are totally packed so keep that in mind.

I went not too long ago and it was 75,000 pesos for the 2 of us but that was with drinks too which aren't included on the bill. They have great cold cuts and the empanadas are delicious here. Sushi is pretty bad as most places here are. But you can eat as much as you want. They give you about 6 pieces each time but you can go back as much as you want. Pastas are decent.

The desserts I think are the highlight here. Tiramisu is very tasty here. Drink prices are reasonable. Water and soft drinks were about 3,000 pesos. They even gave us a glass of champagne on the house at the end of our meal. Friendly service. A good place to come if you're really hungry.

Back