Explore, connect, thrive in
the expat community

Expat Life: Local Discoveries, Global Connections

Real Estate News The fashion scam in European cities that could reach Argentina - La Nacion Propiedades

BuySellBA

Administrator

The fashion scam in European cities that could reach Argentina - La Nacion Propiedades​

1726152041080.png

Source:

September 12, 2024

Properties offered at very low prices, they ask for an advance as a reservation but they do not exist

rs=w:1280

Real estate scam uses images created with artificial intelligence

Anew real estate scam uses artificial intelligence to create fake images of homes , offering properties at rock-bottom prices to trick unsuspecting buyers.

According to the police in La Rioja, Spain, criminals publish advertisements on sales and rental portals with hyper-realistic images of properties that do not exist . These properties appear to be luxurious and are offered at prices much lower than those on the market.

Interested parties, driven by the apparent opportunity, contact the supposed owners, who transfer the conversation to messaging platforms such as WhatsApp or Telegram. There, the scammers manage to gain the victim's trust and request an advance payment to secure the property, arguing high demand. After receiving the money , the criminals cut off all communication, and the victims discover that the property never existed .

What makes this scam especially dangerous is the use of artificial intelligence to create hyper-realistic images of non-existent properties. These images include such precise details as lighting and shadows , making it even more difficult to identify the fraud.

Authorities advise to be very careful with offers that seem too good to be true. Always confirm that the property exists, if possible by visiting it in person. They also recommend not making advance payments without a secure contract .

How Artificial Intelligence Creates Your Dream Home

“Recently, while scrolling through Instagram, I came across a page that immediately caught my attention: @tinyhouseperfect . This account, which appeared in my feed as a suggested post, seemed perfectly designed to connect with my frustrated longing for my own space,” Amanda Hess tells the New York Times . She, like many people, wants a home of her own , but economic circumstances prevent it. But the idea of a perfect, affordable tiny house presented itself as a tantalizing possibility.

Houses created with Artificial Intelligence respond to users' explicit requests, reflecting the "dream home"

Without giving it much thought, he began seeing images of tiny cottages , gothic houses with gabled roofs on the coast, and cozy homes in the Scottish Highlands. “I found myself projecting myself into a future where I was spending a weekend on the Scottish coast, imagining the rental price. That’s when I realized something crucial: the house didn’t exist ,” Hess says. All of these charming homes were the product of AI software, and similar software had fine-tuned them to look real. Unbeknownst to him, “I had been fantasizing about a digital fantasy.”

In retrospect, the origin of these houses was obvious . Their interiors seemed endless, with room after room filled with carefully selected , but hardly believable, objects. “It’s not surprising that Instagram showed me these AI-generated images. After all, my obsession with renovations and my desire to own a home are open secrets on the internet,” she says.

Artificial Intelligence has infiltrated your domestic fantasy , reinterpreting your desires and encapsulating them in images of houses that only exist in cyberspace.

Artificial intelligence and algorithms emphasize the feeling of personal ownership

In recent years, a whole idea of AI-created dream homes has emerged . If you search for inspiration on Pinterest, you’re likely to come across artificial bedrooms linked to online stores selling home accessories. Websites like This House Does Not Exist allow anyone to generate a new home. Additionally, design services and apps use AI to create professional interior images based on user specifications.

The items selected by AI correspond directly to user requests

Attachments

• 1726152124543.png
    1726152124543.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0